Mother's day BBQ sauce or crap!!!! I don't have any sauce sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

drtheo

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
Minnesota
So I am not a BBQ sauce guy, I am more of a bark and vinegar finishing for pulled pork kind of guy.

So we are having pulled pork for lunch / supper today and I did not have any sauce for some visitors that wanted sauce.

This is what I came up with, it is a basic recipe modified to be a bit better.

1, 1/3 cup ketchup
1 cup ACV
1cup brown sugar
2 tsp each salt pepper and cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
4 tsp honey
4 tsp bourbon
4 tsp smoked paprika

And simmer on stove

Reactions: kruizer
My mom always made one in a pinch out of ketchup a dash of mustard and Pepsi in a mini crock pot. I’m sure there’s more to it but it was pretty good

I made up some of chef jimmyj chef jimmyj j finishing sauce. For half I doubled the brown sugar (swerve) and added a few tablespoons of sugar free ketchup. Several friends said it was the best bbq sauce ever had. I’ll have it in my frig always now.

If you wish, make a double/triple Batch for your friends or share the recipe. That is one of my favorites. I too add more Sweetener, as my Yankee Kids prefer sauces sweeter.

, I even use a little bit on briskets to help the rub stick.

I read that as BISQUITS. I smear Molasses on Biscuits to help the Bacon Stick!...JJ

If you wish, make a double/triple Batch for your friends or share the recipe. That is one of my favorites. I too add more Sweetener, as my Yankee Kids prefer sauces sweeter.

I read that as BISQUITS. I smear Molasses on Biscuits to help the Bacon Stick!...JJ

Now Jimmy, you know us southern boys will put blackstap on anything.
I reckon that is why to this day I detest sugar in corn bread.
That's what molasses is for!

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Now Jimmy, you know us southern boys will put blackstap on anything.
I reckon that is why to this day I detest sugar in corn bread.
That's what molasses is for!
When I was younger I was allergic to chocolate or at least they thought I was. I grew up drinking molasses milk when my brother got chocolate milk.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
When I was younger I was allergic to chocolate or at least they thought I was.
WOW. Same here. Never heard of anyone else have this... No one remembers how/why/or when but totally fine now.

Definitely not a sauce guy myself especially on PP but always have FBR for "those people" :emoji_laughing: who want it. That said, Chef JJ finish sauce would be what I'd typically serve for PP for a party etc.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky