Most cost efficient cut of beef for chopped/pulled beef sandwiches for a wedding ( also got a new toy to show off 36in griddle!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinq13

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 21, 2017
south central Pennsylvania
So just like the title says, what would be the most cost effective cut of beef to use for sandies for a wedding? Doing this for cousin-in-law's wedding, we're having bbq beans, mac n cheese, then I'm in control of the meats so of course PP is one but they want another meat so i think the next most cost efficient solution is beef for sandwiches but do i go the chucky way or a packer brisket? Do you guys have any other types of meats that would be cost efficient? I was thinking of a couple fatties ;) lol

New toy: 36in blackstone griddle, love it!!!
20210323_074356.jpg
20210315_165800.jpg
20210315_090716.jpg

Bergent took the words right out of my mouth....shoulder clod. Last one I bought was for less than $2/#... and you get 2 really tender cuts on that cut-the petite shoulder tender and the flat iron steak. You can piece those cuts out for slicing, the rest for chopped...

As resident SMF devil's advocate I suggest something not smoked or like Jonok Jonok said a light smoke. Roast beef sounds PERFECT to me. If that were my gig, I'd be SVing a bunch of EOR in advance. Later slice thin and warm up in a pan of au jus.

All great ideas! I'll have to look into shoulder clod. They want bbq so looks like it'll have to be something smoked. This evening I'm having them over for some taste testing

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky