Advice on new toy for new deck needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I’ve definitely considered trying this out, it really sounds like the epitome of American BBQ. I know so little about it but it has my interest. One thing I’ve pondered is how big of a side hobby does firewood need to be? Do most people just buy dried hardwood firewood and keep a certain amount on hand in their garage, or are we talking about seasoning cords of wood at a time in order to make it a sustainable hobby? Obviously for most working people this would be a weekend hobby at best, but I’ve wondered what the hidden effort of firewood is. Certainly for some it’s a labor of love, i’m sure. Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll consider it.
For me, I used to get a face cord and that would last me at least a year. Now we put in a wood stove so I we’re buying more like 10 face cords. For the smoker I store the wood in a wood rick covered with a tarp. My garage too limited to store wood. The wood really isn’t much effort.

First cook on new Blackstone, had to do Hibachi! This is fun!
1AB565E1-41F6-4B3E-B589-6D2D15F008ED.jpeg
6437ECAA-C9AA-46CF-82FD-80762821F171.jpeg
CE1E4742-C96E-4D28-AE55-3146EEE478CA.jpeg
AABB11E8-F665-4A26-AD29-9AF239C8D76E.png

• Love
Reactions: clifish and mike243
Best part, not a single pot or pan to be washed inside!

Looks great, like it was just delivered from the Chinese place up the block but I am sure yours tasted much better. So much fun to use the Blackstone and everything cooks so quick you really have to watch your timing. You are even rocking the paper towel holder on the lower right! So cool.

Looks awesome! You're gonna love using that...we sure like ours!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky