Monster stuffed and smoked meat balls.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Wild hair idea to make some big meatballs and stuff them with portobello mushroom and cheese. My oldest son has celiac and is zero gluten, so had to use gluten free bread crumbs, which reminded me of rice crispys . Actually worked well, and tasted great.
To make the stuffing, I sauté some mince garlic in butter, then add onion cook a few minutes then add chopped portobello and a splash of white wine. Reduce until moister is reduced by half.
8D04859C-314E-4FC3-988B-8E20D24F5E22.jpeg

C2B8FF80-6E69-406A-A3FB-76E204C0C469.jpeg

for the meat mix, I used ground pork (wife has developed allergy to beef) gluten free bread Crumbs, minced onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, 2 eggs, 2tsp. Chicken bullion granules and mix.
716E789C-ACF6-4538-A27E-9228E3BB150A.jpeg

To finish the now cooled stuffing, I added ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and fresh minced basil.
FB7F693D-2F4E-414C-85C2-B35A586B2B3E.jpeg

840DA161-1238-4C6C-9690-17655A94CFAC.jpeg

made baseball sized meatballs then formed them into a cup and filled with stuffing. Closed them up but left the opening for possible expansion.
08AA3D68-062A-493A-A9A5-5B82B64E9A83.jpeg

24AEB578-151F-4DBD-8EC2-A43C402F25B0.jpeg

On to the kettle over lump until 150* internal then covered to rest.
C4227A59-D108-4607-86A4-7A4101835B94.jpeg

made up some GF pasta for the boy but mother and I had angel hair with some red sauce made from Italian tomatoes grown in the Parma Region. Delicious. (From a jar)
1DDACCD7-87C3-4AA6-8C5B-949CD7D7A689.jpeg

2499226B-1B14-495D-A969-9781F99AB4CE.jpeg

For a wild hair idea, this came out delicious. Oh, and the meat in the sauce was a leftover meatball that just wasn’t big enough to stuff, so I tore it up and cooked it in the sauce.
Thanks for stopping by.

Looks good.

In the future if you need a binder, consider rolled oats. They are gluten free. However check the container for any possible cross contamination. I like them better than bread crumbs for most applications.

Looks delicious.
Thanks much, I do appreciate it.
Heck yeah bud I'd tear up a plate of that. Looks delicious.
Thank you, Jake much appreciated.
I'll take a helping or two! Looks great!
Thank you.
Got my vote! Very nice looking meal!
Thank you, Steve, is appreciated.
Looks good.

In the future if you need a binder, consider rolled oats. They are gluten free. However check the container for any possible cross contamination. I like them better than bread crumbs for most applications.
Thank you, can’t do oats really at all because the boy is zero gluten. Some oats have and some don’t.
Yep, I'd sure eat some of that!!
Gary
Thank you, Gary
Bib attached. . . :emoji_yum:
Thank you, I like that.
Nice! I love me some portobello!
Thank you, Matt

That looks and sounds great! My Wife is not crazy about Meatballs larger than Golf Balls, extra work for me rolling. But I think I can get this Recipe to fly! Thanks...JJ

Those are outrageous!! Absolutely fantastic. I could see a couple of those sitting on my plate amidst some pasta and sauce. Beautiful job.

Robert

Killer.
I prefer meatballs from pork
Thank you, the pork works well with the richness of the stuffing.
Looks delicious! Nice job on those!

Ryan
Thank you, Ryan
That looks and sounds great! My Wife is not crazy about Meatballs larger than Golf Balls, extra work for me rolling. But I think I can get this Recipe to fly! Thanks...JJ
Thank you, JJ. I hope you give it a try.
Those are outrageous!! Absolutely fantastic. I could see a couple of those sitting on my plate amidst some pasta and sauce. Beautiful job.

Robert
Thank you, Robert. They certainly were delicious.

Reactions: Fueling Around
Sheesh! yet another reason to fire up the kettle! Man those look great. I can count on you guys to keep me from getting bored in my cooking.

Jim

Sheesh! yet another reason to fire up the kettle! Man those look great. I can count on you guys to keep me from getting bored in my cooking.

Jim
Keep the kettle fires hot, Jim
That's good eats right there . Nice work .
Thank you, Chop
Looks Mighty Tasty from here!!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thank a bunch Bear, I do appreciate that.
View attachment 506863

Man that looks good! Great idea and nice execution. I would tap a plate for sure!
Thank you, and thank for all the cool gifs, and such.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky