Mixing dough in the food processor .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice work. No food processor here either, just the KA.
Thanks . Stand mixer works great . Just keep at it . Try this next time you mix some up .
I'll have the dry in the bowl of the stand mixer .
Add the warm water and run the mixer just to combine . Maybe a minute or so .
Leave the head down and cover the mixer bowl with a towel . 10 minutes .
Remove the towel and finish mixing .
I personally don't knead the dough after it comes out of the mixer , but if you do watch how much flour you add to it .
chopsaw, great instructions and photos,
Thank you Dave .

Been messing around with this for awhile . Gives really good results . BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma , @tropics I don't have an exact recipe for this , because I add the dry to the bowl of the food processor , then spin it up and add the liquid just until it pulls away from the sides .
I start with 2 cups of flour . Use what you have , or like . Then put warm water in a 2 cup measure . I add the water around 110 degrees .
The yeast , salt and sugar varies . I use less yeast for thin pizza crust , more for bread , rolls or thick crust pizza .
I did these rolls awhile back , but the loaf of bread in the Chuck flat thread was made the same way .
So as a starting point for rolls or bread , to the 2 cups flour I added ,
2 tsp yeast
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
Put that in a food processor and spin it up to combine .
View attachment 492148 View attachment 492149
I use water out of the tap . Mine comes out pretty warm . Let it cool , and add around 110 degrees
Looks like I used Rapid rise . I think that was all I had at the time . Use what you have .
View attachment 492150
Spin the food processor , and drizzle the water in slowly , just until it pulls away from the sides .
You won't use all of the water .
View attachment 492151
The measuring cup was over the 2 cup line . You can see it didn't take much to
come together . Some days it takes more . Depends on the weather .
View attachment 492152
If it's a bit sticky I use Olive oil to keep it from sticking to my hands .
Adding flour dries it out . If it comes away from the sides clean you should be good .
Oil a bowl , turn the dough onto itself . Let it double in size .
View attachment 492153
After the first rise , I punch it down . I either shape it for a loaf , or split it for rolls .
Let rise again .
View attachment 492156 View attachment 492157
Was pretty cold in the house when I did these . Had a hard time getting them
to rise . Sprayed with non stick oil and added some everything bagel seasoning
to the top .
View attachment 492158 View attachment 492159
That dish is about 30 years old . Seen alot of use , and Lasagna .
View attachment 492154
Cooked in the 360 .
View attachment 492160
I temp all my breads between 190 / 200 .
Or look for a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom .
I tab some butter on top when they come out of the oven .
View attachment 492162 View attachment 492163
Cut open .
View attachment 492164
Here's another batch . Same method . Better rise .
View attachment 492165 View attachment 492166
View attachment 492167 View attachment 492170
These have great flavor and fantastic chew . The idea is you're getting a correct amount of
wet to dry by adding it this way , instead of using a set amount of liquid .
Just a hands on approach .

YUMMM!!! Those look perfect.
That is exactly how I pretty much cook or make everything. I don't follow recipes very often in fact hardly ever. Sicilian Grandparents Aunts, Uncles and my Ma taught me to cook by feel, smell and taste.

I love recipes written like yours...I can relate.👍

I think that was my problem. I would following mixing times on recipes but think it was just to much.
Yup . Remember all of these things are someone else's opinion of what's good . I see " knead on the counter 15 minutes " I know it works if done right . I could never get it right .
I always suggest use things for ideas , then do what you know .

Hey Chop.... I try bread recipes using their measures... They don't work...
Soooooo, I'll try "No measurements required" method....

Thanks..... Dave

Reactions: chopsaw
I'll try "No measurements required" method....
I was measuring everything , then I started weighing everything . Came out great one time , then next time would be to wet or dry .
This way I've been getting good results everytime .
Thanks for looking .

Reactions: olecrosseyes
Thanks neighbor! I've taken notes from this. Might be a while before I can make my aunts dinner rolls with you're version but I'm gonna do then yet!
Thanks chopsaw!

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
I tried this couple weeks ago. Don't think my cheap processor made for this but rolls where good. Maybe can use same idea with my small stand mixer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky