Michigan members group own map, Where are you in Michigan?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Thank you Riblet for joining in and adding yourself to the Michigan map.

Stan
Hmm, I thought I made a post this morning , but apparently goofed it up. Thanks for the welcome, Stan.  I've been a member here for awhile, but don't post that often. I should, just about everything I've learned about smoking has come from here. I thought I would add my name, and get to know some of you folks around here in Michigan.

I've been cooking on webers as long as I can remember. I started smoking with a little 2 door Brinkman vertical, my wife got me for Christmas a couple of years ago. Out grew that pretty quick, and got an Akorn for a little more volume. So now I'm cooking on a UDS, Akorn, Brinkman, and the Weber. lol  I can see it never stops.

I'm smoking a 12 pound brisket, after trimming (I can really butcher a brisket), on the UDS today. Trying a little something different. Hot and fast. Bark is looking good, lol.

Good to be here, and I'll try to be a little more social.

Thanks,

Brian

Glad to see you Planecrazy,  Thanks for joining in.  Sorry I missed you in roll call but Welcome to the forum.

Stan

Hi Handymanstan and everyone else here too,

Thank you for the invite. Always looking to meet new smokers from the area.

Last edited:
Your welcome John, Glad you joined in. One of my brothers lives on a lake in Lowell. 

I would also like to thank Bababones for joining the map this morning.  We have 40 members on the map now.  We are growing.

The next get together this year might have a few more members than last year.

Stan

The same thing happens to me. Try highlighting and copying the link, then paste it directly into the URL bar and hit enter. That's how I have to do it.

Whoa Denny, you ARE up there (in the summer). Maybe you should try Key West in the winter, and truly be a man of two extremes! LOL

I read in the Detroit Free Press that yesterday (1/23/14) it was colder in central FL than it was in Anchorage AK!!!!! Now that's saying something!

Yes,  I do kind of live in two different extremes. I live just off of US41 up north and down south.  Interestingly, the northern end of US41 ends in Copper Harbor, Mi and the southern end, ends in Key West, Fl.    And yes, it has been abnormally cool down here over the  last couple of weeks, but no where near as cold as up that way.   I consider myself awful lucky to be down here at this time,  I am told that Houghton has well over 200 inches of snow so far this winter.  I am no longer into shoveling that white stuff!

I'm trying to pinpoint my location but no luck yet. We live down here in Hillsdale, about 18 miles north of the Indiana, Ohio border. I'll get it figured out at some point in time! Steve (Stank)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky