MES Cart Mod Complete

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

McCann519

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 23, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I have been wanting to make up a little cart for my MES 30 for a little while now. Since I did the mailbox mod I thought it would be best to have everything secured in one spot, rather than setting up everytime I need to smoke. I basically copied the carts I have seen others with here. I was able to find this cart for $76 CAD on amazon.ca and it worked perfect. I would definitely recommend to anybody looking for one north of the border.

One thing I went ahead and did was to add some splatter mat or grill mat under both the smoker and the mailbox. I have had a couple times where I had some black water come leaking out of the smoker, I wanted to make sure I would not get the patio or any other items in the cart dirty if this did happen. Also, I made sure to level and bolt down the smoker to the cart to make sure it would not tip or fall off. In order to do so, I had to get a couple longer bolts. FYI, these are M10 bolts and I went with a 60mm length in order to accomodate the cart shelf and use the masterbuilt spacers/feet. Also, when gathering supplies for the cart, I grabbed a 12/3 25 ft extension cord so I can get it a little further from the back door.

All in all turned out great. One thing I might still do is switch the mailbox to the opposite end of the cart so the ducting is not quite as tight. Everything works fine as-is, but I think it would work out a little better on the other end.

20180128_143742.jpg 20180128_143726.jpg

Looks like a nice mod. I bet it's easier on your back as well.

Chris

Reactions: McCann519
Thanks guys, I think its going to be perfect once I get that mailbox moved. Something I wish I noticed before getting it all fastened down :D

Thanks for the kind words guys!!

chopsaw, I thought about putting on the bottom rack, but my mailbox is longer than the rack is wide. I had to cut the front lip off the small platform I currently have it on. I think moving to the other side will be the easiest way now that everything is setup lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky