Thanks for the update.UPDATE- Whe I was performing my test with the new limit switch the unit failed three times before I terminated the test. The fist uncommanded turn off was about three hours into the test. The second and third were after approx 30 minutes each. When I removed the old limit switch I did not see any obvious damage to the switch or the terminals/connectors. The Auber id due to arrive togay. My plan is to do the basic rewire and test it to see if that resolve the shut down problem. If that doesn't work I'll bypass the roll limit switch and test again.
Sounds like a solid plan.
The behavior you describe sound like a failing limit switch but the other much rarer possibility is that the relay at the circuit board is acting up and getting stuck in an off position.
With the simple rewire and use of an Auber you cut that whole thing out of the mix so if it all works with the safety rollout limit switch in the mix then we know it was likely that relay or something else failing at the lower circuit board or hell even something failing within the upper MES controller.
The body construction is the strength of the MES, the electronics and electrical components are the weak spots.
I'm looking forward to what you find. I am confident you are almost there to fixing all your problems for a looooooong time :)