Merry Christmas from the cardio unit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

radio

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
S.W. Mo
Looks like all that bacon, sausage and country cooking finally caught up with me. Had some unsettling issues with the ticker early Saturday moring, so went to ER to get checked out. They admitted me after seeing the EKG, and I'm here until at least Tuesday when they can do an angiogram to determine the extent of the damage.
That frenched loin of pork will have to go in the freezer for another day. It sucks being in the hospital for Christmas, but I live an hour away in the country and being hete, they can jump start me pronto if needed.

Merry Christmas one and All! That loin roast will be even better after hospital food!

Well that sucks. The fact they’re waiting until Tuesday instead of calling people in is a good sign. Take care of yourself and enjoy that delicious hospital food. Mmmmm, mmm. ;)

Yep, that sucks. Best wishes and I hope the nurses treat you special since you are there for Christmas.

Radio, Praying for a speedy/full recovery......That loin roast will taste even better when you get home.

Chris

I'm glad they caught it before you flatlined... That's the very, very, VERY good part... Looking forward to your post on the Frenched pork loin... It will be AWESOME !!!

Thanks everyone!!! Angiogram tomorrow and most likely a stent or three .

The Angiogram revealed zero buildup in the arteries, so that was a huge surprise and relief!!!! "Healthy diet" was never in my vocabulary as I grew up in the country eating everything that is now considered bad for you !
Because the pipes were clean, I now get too spend anoher night in these luxurious accommdations and see the Electrocardioligist tomorrow. Most likely a pace maker in my immediate future. The heart rate is all over the place from the low 50s to 100 and changes as we watch the monitor. The nurse woke me up night before last as it had dropped to 38 and still falling. Makes a fellow wonder if it would quit in his sleep and not restart

Thats a scary thought.
Zero build up is great news, I think. Amazing actually, considering the recipes that get passed around here. The worrisome part is, if not blockage,,, then what ? Praying for ya.

Well Radio, at least you caught the symptoms early enough for you to stick around so they can do something for you.
Like you, I have always enjoyed eating a "country diet", as you called it. I knew the day would come, but just last week my Dr. had to put me on high cholesterol meds. Sux for you being in the hospital over Christmas though. Your loin roast can wait. Get well soon!

Great that the pipes are clean!!

Mrs Bear had a Pacemaker installed a few years ago:
She had been feeling tired, which was highly unusual for her, so she went to her Dr.
Then she called me & we had to take her directly to the hospital, because her Heart rate was in the 30s.
They attempted to install it that night, but after they had her opened up, the Dr touched an unsterile light, so they had to close her up & wait 4 days (with antibiotics) before they could install it.

Been running Great ever since!!

Prayers sent, Radio!!

Bear

Well, good news, and gooder news!
First you survived, many don't. And the gooder news is no cholesterol build up! That is great news!
So just a pacemaker to get you firing on all 8 cylinders, and back home soon.
Prayers for a speedy recovery. And sorry for the timing.

I had what they call, "The Widowmaker" March 27, 2010. At 7 AM. Right Coronary Artery was 100% blocked.
Emergency Cath lab, clean out and a big stent placed. I'm still here.
My Doctor was great, he saved me. But he didn't think I would make it, told my wife to say Goodbye.
She said, "Well, I'll see him when he comes out, right?"
"I don't think he'll make it." He told her.
But the Doc was almost right. They had to do an emergency withdrawal when the stent was done. I faded out but came back.
So follow their orders, and stick around for many Christmas' to come.
Welcome back.

When you have a pacemaker, do NOT go near anyone welding... My BIL had one and I was welding in the shop.. He got a funny look on his face and hustled out of the shop... Later he said his pacemaker went crazy...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky