Memorial Day Brisket And A Couple Yard Birds w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Now that's one amazing looking cook! Definitely fitting for memorial day. Everything looked done to perfection.

Ryan

That's crazy! This one was angus choice for $1.99 lb and running $2.99 lb this past week. I have never seen one like the CPB you posted in your thread. I have seen Roberts but never really noticed how little fat there was until I saw yours.
Most places are still holding out on prices. But availability here is getting real scarce.

The lack of fat on that CPB was way less than normal. They usually have a good soft layer on em like your used to.

Wow save me a plate John! That looks like the quintessential backyard cookout.

I see the beer was flowing nicely too! Everything looks great!

Most places are still holding out on prices. But availability here is getting real scarce.

The lack of fat on that CPB was way less than normal. They usually have a good soft layer on em like your used to.

Availability is getting scarce in Texas? You know when y'all can normally buy packers even at the gas station and cant find them its getting bad! :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Wow save me a plate John! That looks like the quintessential backyard cookout.

I see the beer was flowing nicely too! Everything looks great!

Thanks Joe appreciate it man! Warm Memorial Day...you know the beer was flowing had to stay hydrated!

Availability is getting scarce in Texas? You know when y'all can normally buy packers even at the gas station and cant find them its getting bad!

Was at Costco yesterday. No lines, no crowds, the meat coolers were fully stocked, and no limits. Our little grocery store here in Lago has put limits of two packs of each protein. This is because Lago used to be primarily a retirement community. There are a lot of older folks out here that would rather shop locally versus doing commuter combat to get into town. I don't blame them a bit either!! They come in to do their weekly shopping and everybody thinks they are "hoarding". This is causing huge problems for those folks. They now either have to make multiple trips to the store here for their staples or go into town. It just isn't right to turn their lives upside down like this...but sadly that's not my decision to make. Now...when I was at Costco i didn't look at meat prices. I grabbed a pork loin to make Canadian bacon but that's it so don't have any idea what prices are doing.

Robert

Was at Costco yesterday. No lines, no crowds, the meat coolers were fully stocked, and no limits. Our little grocery store here in Lago has put limits of two packs of each protein. This is because Lago used to be primarily a retirement community. There are a lot of older folks out here that would rather shop locally versus doing commuter combat to get into town. I don't blame them a bit either!! They come in to do their weekly shopping and everybody thinks they are "hoarding". This is causing huge problems for those folks. They now either have to make multiple trips to the store here for their staples or go into town. It just isn't right to turn their lives upside down like this...but sadly that's not my decision to make. Now...when I was at Costco i didn't look at meat prices. I grabbed a pork loin to make Canadian bacon but that's it so don't have any idea what prices are doing.

Robert

I haven't seen much in the way of gouging here like others are talking about in their areas. The last several times I have been to the store everything seems pretty well stocked back up. Lots of meat, flour, TP, etc...only thing I noticed still running low was pasta noodles and rice. Be curious how the prices are down there next time you make a Costco run. Zach mentioned they wanted $5+ lb for their briskets! Guess the suppliers are grinding everything they can to keep up with the ground beef hoarders.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky