Members Mark griddle?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bill1 it may last years , the material does feel a little thicker and potentially more durable than the oklahoma joes bronco cover i got made by OJ for my bronco but that cover is very noticeably thinner and feels less durable than the uni-cook covers i have for my OJ longhorn combo and my masterbuilt electric smoker . the OJ bronco cover is more attractive with it's textured appearance and feel , orange threading and orange OJ logo . but ..... if uni-cook starts making a bronco cover it will be on my to get list .

the one supplied with the MM griddle is pretty short and only has a few inches of velcro on each corner to hold it in the wind . my longhorn cover almost touches the deck and if i don't strap the velcro bands on it the wind has has got under it and raised it off one side and half flipped it over the top twice in the year we've had the longhorn combo . there's no way the MM cover would stay on with even a quarter of that wind IMO , but we've only had it about 2 weeks with no real wind so i could be wrong . i do keep a weight on each side just in case .

anyhow we didn't get the griddle for the cover and it is very nice to have something to cover/protect it while we collect our accessories to use with it ...... and get a better cover . so i'm nit picking on the cover especially giver the $199 price . we would absolutely get it again and would recommend it if someone is ok with the bottom/front quarter being more useful for warming than cooking .

take care , jeff

Reactions: bill1
I purchased the other brand beginning with Black..... cover for my 36 inch at the house. I have to leave the side shelves up for a good fit but it works well. Very Heavy.

Reactions: JeffB1961
I use the 303 Protectant family of sprays...
I used to use dilute Armor All on patio covers when they seemed to barely last a year. Lately I've seen little need to. Same with padded dashes in 1960's cars vs today's cars. But I remain an AA lover. If I don't have a replacement O-ring for something, I sop up the old one with the Old White Magic and re-use it.

Let's promise not to get into an ArmorAll vs 303 discussion...see the car blogs for plenty of that warfare. :emoji_wink:

And thanks JeffB for the update on the griddle cover...I fully agree that if it's too short it can be pretty useless no matter the quality of the materials used.

Reactions: JeffB1961
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky