Members Mark griddle?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CFLJOHN512

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 9, 2020
Wasn’t sure where to put this post. (We need a griddle section).
Girlfriend wants to get a griddle and is trying to compare the Blackstone to the Members Mark (Sam’s). They are about half the price. Specs look similar. Does anyone have experience with the Sam’s brand, or both? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link below.

No experience with the one from sams but I love my Blackstone
20200416_135309.jpg
20200416_160001.jpg

Reactions: Aledavidov
The only thing I see and wouldn't like. Is the location of the grease collection opening. Seems odd to have it at that location. The BS has it along the back wall where you have to guide the grease to. Seems like the one on this one would accidently collect the grease/oil when you don't want it to. And it is taking up space where you could put that extra burger..... :emoji_wink:

The only thing I see and wouldn't like. Is the location of the grease collection opening. Seems odd to have it at that location. The BS has it along the back wall where you have to guide the grease to. Seems like the one on this one would accidently collect the grease/oil when you don't want it to. And it is taking up space where you could put that extra burger..... :emoji_wink:

I would have to agree with Steve. . .But, on the other hand, once you become accustomed to its location it really wouldn't matter. The grease collection pan seems easily accessible.

Personally, for the price I would be able to overlook that minor feature.

John

That looks like a fine griddle to me!
I really like the pullout grease tray!
And for that price how could you go wrong!
The only thing I would check is the cooking surface material.
It should be at least 1/4” rolled steel.
Al

Girlfriend wants to get a griddle and is trying to compare the Blackstone to the Members Mark (Sam’s). They are about half the price. Specs look similar. Does anyone have experience with the Sam’s brand, or both? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link below.
No comparison,
Link below.
Blackstone is the way to go, Sam’s not made as well and has grease drip in the center
the tops warp also and Blackstone has angle iron welded on the bottom side To prevent that

Biggest difference in the one I looked at vs my Blackstone is the thickness of the actual griddle. My Blackstone is far thicker metal.

Reactions: CFLJOHN512
John the one I posted up top is only $74 more expensive than the Sam's model. I have a family of 6 and haven't run out of room yet. It is 2 knobs but 4 burners. Plus it has a lid.

Reactions: Steve H and jcam222
Just joined Sam's club because of your post. I have been researching for awhile, I always end up modifying things I buy so what the heck. Purchase made Monday.

From what I have seen so far I am going to do the following:
Weld angle iron on the bottom for support against warping I will also lay it flat (at a 90) around the edges to trap heat and prevent wind from cooling the surface or knocking the flame down (not to mention the heat warming the middle section blowing out of the front). So far it got hot enough to season the top 3/4 of the griddle not so much at or below the drain hole (which is a bit inconvenient).

Did some cheese steaks last night after the rally, sorry no pictures I was beat and in a hurry. It performed well, I'm sure there are better but there's not much to a griddle. With the few things I plan on doing I think it will perform as well as the others.
20201018_182921.jpg

Fired up
20201020_165044.jpg

Underside of a Blackstone (not my image, hope that's OK) similar to what I plan minus laying flat angle around the edges (this weekends project).

Reactions: bauchjw
I have the 5 burner Meber's Mark Griddle for about 2 weeks now. I have cooked several meals on it and I have had no problem except I wish the flow control could go a little lower on each burner..

As for the grease collection location I have watched my son on his BS with food slipping to the rear and having to catch it and pull it back to the cooking area. As for my front hole grease catching it functions the same way. If food slides toward it, I just pull it back. However, since most of my cooking is center to rear, the front hole is not a problem. I did lose one shrimp on a stir fry day, but it was my wife's piece.

L-brackets work better as stiffeners when used as L's, not V's. (I-beams work even better, but the size selection is limited.)

Has anyone added or used an adjustable regulator, and if so was it low or high pressure, 10 or 20 psi?

If you have one, does it work well?

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky