Mediterranean Marvel

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Centuries ago in a land far far from here, some bright bulb had the idea of stuffing a grapevine leaf. A culinary gem was instantly created!

Being of Greek decent, I grew up surrounded by many wonderful dishes created in that Mediterranean region.

Stuffed grapevine leaves are one of my favorites--and a big hit when gifted to my neighbors and friends.

I can't offer you any to taste, but maybe I can make you drool with these pictures.

Ingredients assembled

IMG_0701.jpg

Leaves Ready For Blanching

IMG_0697.jpg

Ready For Rolling
IMG_0702.jpg

Rolling Along

IMG_0706.jpg

Ready For The Oven

IMG_0708.jpg

And Finally, The Money Shot!

IMG_0714.jpg

These are a family favorite of ours at any celebration.

Happy New Year to All!

John

Very nice John!! As you know I just love Greek flavors! I’m sure those are very tasty.

Can you post details about the filling and complete process? This is one of mine and Emily's favorite things. I'd love to make them. Yours look amazing

Reactions: Sowsage
They look fantastic wife an I love them we don't have a grape vine, so that will be the hardest thing to find leaves. Email being sent
Thank You John
Richie

They look fantastic wife an I love them we don't have a grape vine, so that will be the hardest thing to find leaves. Email being sent
Thank You John
Richie
Richie,
Even though my mom did indeed use fresh leaves from actual grapevines it is not a necessity.

Jarred leaves will work just as well. I use the Pandora or Yergat brands. Both bottled out of California.
Western Pennsylvania has a large ethnic population, so many of our markets carry food stuffs from Europe as well as other world regions. Grapevine leaves are not hard to find here in Pittsburgh.

Check your local markets. Perhaps they carry them or can get them for you.

John

Last edited:
I have a market that may carry them bye me, if not I see a grape trellis in my neighbors yard.
Richie

We have a couple grape vines in our yard never thought to use the leaves. Those sure do look good John

Point for sure
Chris

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky