Meat Sales This Week

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
I did a quick look at some of this week's ads and here's a few that I saw...
Publix has USDA Choice standing rib roast for $6.99/lb.
Kroger has brisket for $1.97/lb. with their digital coupon. I'm not sure how to get that coupon, but probably an app that has to be downloaded.
Food Lion has their brand smoked ham for 89¢/lb. for the shank portion.
Lidl has spiral sliced ham portions for 85¢/lb.
Lowes Foods has USDA select boneless ribeye steaks for $6.99/lb. and C.A.B. ribeyes for $9.99/lb.

Nice. I saw the Kroger ad with Brisket $1.97/lb, great price. If you have a Kroger card, you should be able to clip the ad coupon and it should work in the store with the Kroger card. They also have Shrimp 21-25 pc per pound for $5.77 /lb I think. Thanks for the weekly updates. They just built a new Lidl here, b open yet. Anxiously waiting for them to open.

Sounds like some great prices . Think I'll run over to GFS today and take a look .
digital coupon. I'm not sure how to get that coupon, but probably an app
The store I do my shopping at just started an app . It's a good way to save on everyday things . I just go thru the app and check what I want , then it gets applied at the register .

Just looked through the GFS add . Brisket came down a buck a pound to $3.99 . That's a good price here . Knuckle is $3.49 . Looks like I better suit up .

Our Kroger's has brisket for $2.77 a lb. I'd jump at the $1.99 lb price haven't seen that in quite awhile.

Food city has whole "grass fed" beef tenderloins in the cryo for $9.99 lb Friday and and Saturday only. They like to sneak in a lot of select grade beef so would have to see if first.

I always check out the beer prices as well but none of them ever stack up to Dollar General. If you drink domestic then they sell the 8 packs of 16oz tall boys(bud, miller, coors, mich) for $7.95. It equals out to somewhere around 10 1/2 beers for 8 bucks. Hard to beat in todays economy. 12 packs of high life or Icehouse $6.95.

My ads don't come till today or tomorrow and have been pretty pitiful in the last months. I would love to see the standing rib roasts for that price.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
We have a Restaurant Depot and they have these "on sale" this week. It's amazing how we think some of these sales are great prices even though they were 1/2 the cost 12+ months ago 😁

Black Angus USDA Choice - These are all big pieces, so I'll be vac-sealing of course.
Plate Ribs - $8.09/lb
Rib Eye - $10.49/lb
Flank - $7.49/lb
Whole Packer Brisket - $4.29/lb

Our Kroger's has brisket for $2.77 a lb. I'd jump at the $1.99 lb price haven't seen that in quite awhile.

Food city has whole "grass fed" beef tenderloins in the cryo for $9.99 lb Friday and and Saturday only. They like to sneak in a lot of select grade beef so would have to see if first.

I always check out the beer prices as well but none of them ever stack up to Dollar General. If you drink domestic then they sell the 8 packs of 16oz tall boys(bud, miller, coors, mich) for $7.95. It equals out to somewhere around 10 1/2 beers for 8 bucks. Hard to beat in todays economy. 12 packs of high life or Icehouse $6.95.
Dilly Dilly

Kroger in a nearby town has no brisket, steaks or butts in 🤨. Dept mgt said they should be in on the truck Friday but no promises.
I'll check another location on Friday due to work schedule.
Dilly Dilly 🤣

Keith

Found a sale for $4.99 or $5.99 for Angus standing rib roast. Is Angus worth more? I just want to make rib eye steaks out of them

Found a sale for $4.99 or $5.99 for Angus standing rib roast. Is Angus worth more? I just want to make rib eye steaks out of them
That's a great price Cliff! Angus is more expensive usually. Once I've smoked the Rib Roast, or made Steaks, I personally can't tell the difference between Angus and Choice. I have noticed a difference in Strips between Prime and Choice.
Publix here in Ga is running Rib Roast this week at $6.99/lb. I'm getting 2 for the freezer since this is a great price, but yours is better.

That's a great price Cliff! Angus is more expensive usually. Once I've smoked the Rib Roast, or made Steaks, I personally can't tell the difference between Angus and Choice. I have noticed a difference in Strips between Prime and Choice.
Publix here in Ga is running Rib Roast this week at $6.99/lb. I'm getting 2 for the freezer since this is a great price, but yours is better.
yeah going away to PA tomorrow but next week making the wife go round robin with me as the limit is one. I want a bunch...beef supply getting real low.

Also have not been able to find those Sicilian eggplants recently, I am going to have to do the Napoleon with baby eggplants for my parents and friends this weekend.

yeah going away to PA tomorrow but next week making the wife go round robin with me as the limit is one. I want a bunch...beef supply getting real low.

Also have not been able to find those Sicilian eggplants recently, I am going to have to do the Napoleon with baby eggplants for my parents and friends this weekend.
The Beef supply for steaks is low here lately. Why aren't you using the full sized Eggplants for the Napoleon? We use the full size when we make EP Parm, and it's like a casserole. Just curious. Although the Sicilian ones you get make pretty good sized slices.

The Beef supply for steaks is low here lately. Why aren't you using the full sized Eggplants for the Napoleon? We use the full size when we make EP Parm, and it's like a casserole. Just curious. Although the Sicilian ones you get make pretty good sized slices.
IDK, I have had issues years ago with full size ones being bitter and the seeds are too pronounced...maybe just spoiled as I usually have a choice of kinds. I am sure when I get EP rollatini or parm in a restaurant it is regular type...but I typically don't go to Italian restaurants (or steak houses) because I can make better/healthier at home thanks to this place and people like you.

Reactions: MJB05615
Makes perfect sense. I've had a few run ins with the seeds over the years. Thanks for the kind words.

Reactions: clifish
I just made the 21 mile trip to my nearest kroger. I bought 2 briskets for $64. One 17 lb and one 14 ish. The receipt said I saved $124.

*** if you are going to do this, you have to be a member of their savings program and you have to have their app. What I did was open the app and clip the digital coupon. This loads it onto your account. Show them your card or the bar code on your app at checkout and it applies the coupon. There were 10 in the case but I don't have room for anything else at the moment. I just bought 9 butts last week at food lion.

Best of luck to everyone.

Reactions: MJB05615
Good deal. I have 3 Briskets in the Freezer from last time they were on sale. I did go to Publix and picked up 2 Rib Riasts at $6.99/ lb. The only 2 they had, smaller ones, but good for 2 people. Freezing them too.

so Scored a 13lb choice rib roast that yielded 9 rib eys and the plate ribs (if that is what they are called) for $4.99 lb. Then today got 25 lbs (2 roasts) of the same but Angus for $5.99 lb. Can't wait to smoke the rib portions as they were cut off but tied back on.

Where did you score that meat at? Hell of a deal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky