Meat Glue?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
confused.gif

I would be very carefull with this product, first you need to cook it like hamburger 150-165 degrees because meat inside was expose to various outside contaminants, second the glue is a blood clother, if you haave heart related problem I would stay away from it.

the glue is a blood clother, if you haave heart related problem I would stay away from it.
I think I'll forgo any meat gluing. How good can it be if it's banned everywhere but here.
I don't question either of the above posts, but I would like to see some credible info to back it up.

Right now it is classified by the FDA as a GRAS product (generally recognized as safe) when used properly. The sky isn't falling yet...

I like to play with my food, and most things are fine in moderation. I'll happy stop playing if you convince me it's bad

Joe that video is brilliant...It opens up so many possibilities...Seafood Burgers that are chunky and light rather than dense from ground seafood...I need to get some and play...JJ

I would be very carefull with this product, first you need to cook it like hamburger 150-165 degrees because meat inside was expose to various outside contaminants, second the glue is a blood clother, if you haave heart related problem I would stay away from it.
While it may very well be used to clot blood, currently under medical study, we are eating it not injecting it. There is no way it could get into our blood stream even through an open cut or active stomach ulcer. As with most enzymes it is either inactivated by the heat of cooking or dissolved in the digestive tract, so I seriously doubt it could have any affect on the heart...As far as cooking goes, we eat Raw Beef in Carpaccio and Tartare. Sashimi and Poke have been eaten for a thousand years. So is there really difference if the meat is loose or bound? As far as being banned over seas, we are talking about Europe here, where meat inspection is loosely regulated and sanitation practices are no where near that of the US. Not to mention the biggest problem was not health issues but dishonest purveyors gluing scap together and selling at premium prices. Chef as you know proper handling and sanitation applies across the board. You handle the product safely and this like any other binder, Gelatin, Soy Protein, and Xanthan Gum should presents no danger...JJ

Last edited:
A bit different, but not by far... when they did the carotid cleanout on my neck (endarterectomy) and it was a 5" scar, there was no stitches - they simply glued the skin back together and by the very next day after the operation, I was released by 12 noon!  No further dressing needed, either... could even shave (well, until I went to therapy and it was at an inpatient hospital with bacteria all over the place and it then got infected from shaving, so.. I stopped shaving, thus the beard, lol!  Me just before Christmas... lol... ReinPops, lol!

0b0a7b3b_reinpops.jpg

But, I was told that it is now very common to use skin glue vs. stitches, it binds together seamlessly!  (you can see where I didn't shave down my neck on the right side of the picture and the red scar).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky