Meadow creek SQ 36 vs American bbq systems All Star model vs Lang patio 36

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mfalto

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 9, 2013
Kansas Ctiy
I want to buy a backyard smoker.  Im looking at the Meadow creek SQ 36, American bbq Systems All Star model and the Lang patio 36.  I would like to hear from you if you have experience on any of these and any recommendation you have.  thanks

I have used the langs and they are easy to use and quality units

Can you primarily use lump charcoal for heat  with some wood chunks added for smoking, or do you have to use small wood splits to generate sufficient heat.

Can you primarily use lump charcoal for heat  with some wood chunks added for smoking, or do you have to use small wood splits to generate sufficient heat.

Yes you can use lump

What did you generally use to fuel your lang.  Ive been told its takes a lot of fuel to heat up a lang since they are quarter inch steel and have a reverse flow baffle.  Any truth to that from your perspective?

once its heated up it doesnt take much to keep them going. 1 small split of wood a hour.

Just use a weed burner to help get it heated up then maintain with lump

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky