Masterbuilt Gravity Feed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This is the first time I have seen these.
They sure look like something I could use!
Will continue to follow this thread!
Al
I’ve been happy with this grill so far. The versatility of it is great. I feel there is some room for improvement and was worried about buying a version 1, but it’s working great so far. Any issues that people are running into with the grill, seems like MB has been very responsive and fixing right away. The food that I’ve prepared on this grill has been awesome so far. No regrets at all.

I was watching the very limited amount of videos that owners have posted on youtube. Everything looks pretty good about it, especially for the $500 price tag. There were the complaints about shipping damage, but other than that the videos have shown to be pretty happy owners so far. I'm glad to see that if you get the extra two racks that you can fit 3 packers.

I want to pull the trigger and grab one, but I think I'm gonna wait another couple months for some more reviews, and to see if/when MB is going to release the next size bigger.

One thing I'm curious about is how much power the electronics draw. I don't have a exterior outlet to run anything, so I'm thinking if the draw wasn't a huge amount I could always use a rechargeable battery pack setup.

Reactions: Will Squared
One thing I'm curious about is how much power the electronics draw. I don't have a exterior outlet to run anything, so I'm thinking if the draw wasn't a huge amount I could always use a rechargeable battery pack setup.
I'm liking mine, the power brick is outputting 12v at 1a or something so fairly low power consumption.

I was watching the very limited amount of videos that owners have posted on youtube. Everything looks pretty good about it, especially for the $500 price tag. There were the complaints about shipping damage, but other than that the videos have shown to be pretty happy owners so far. I'm glad to see that if you get the extra two racks that you can fit 3 packers.

I want to pull the trigger and grab one, but I think I'm gonna wait another couple months for some more reviews, and to see if/when MB is going to release the next size bigger.

Read on one of the facebook pages for this smoker that some have made a connection up and put a battery on it to run it.

Get the bluetooth working? Read where many were having that issue and Masterbuilt said to uninstall and reinstall the app. Most said it took care of the issue.

I've lost count of how many times I've installed/uninstalled this app. I get successful connections to the cooker, both bluetooth and wi-fi, but all it results in is a monitor, no control over the cooker whatsoever. At least I can remotely see what's going on, but that's it. Maybe it works on Apple stuff, I only have Android

Get the bluetooth working? Read where many were having that issue and Masterbuilt said to uninstall and reinstall the app. Most said it took care of the issue.
Bluetooth worked fine for me, you could use this to power the grill for numerous hours, its just essentially a computer fan and a small PCB so it would run for quite a while on it.

Its been working good for me the last handful of cooks. Make sure you press the bluetooth/wifi button on the smoker everytime after opening and closing the lid. If not you will see the temps but not be able to adjust.

The only issue I've been having now is if I'm using too many apps while doing a cook the app may disconnect and I have to close it reopen and all is good.

Ooof, I made the mistake of joining a FB group about these. I was already pretty sure I was going to get one in a month or two, now I'm thinking it might be sooner. I don't have enough porch space for it though, probably going to have to see something first.

Ooof, I made the mistake of joining a FB group about these. I was already pretty sure I was going to get one in a month or two, now I'm thinking it might be sooner. I don't have enough porch space for it though, probably going to have to see something first.

Same. Seems like Masterbuilt has a winner with this.

I will say that it sears super fast with the searing side of the grate at 700 Degrees, nice wide sear marks. The sear marks are much wider and closer spaced than any other grill I have had. A generic 55" grill cover works just fine for it. I'm waiting for the custom cover to be more available.

Same. Seems like Masterbuilt has a winner with this.

Yea most definitely. I really wish Weber would have been the one that went the gravity fed route instead of pellet so we could have had some comparisons between the two. Plus I've been using webers for quite a while and have always been happy with them.

Honestly, I know what'll happen is that I'll end up at a Walmart that has one in stock and I'm going to be like "It's fate!" and I'll buy it.

Lol, that's the ticket and can totally see myself doing the same. Luckily for me I live 35 minutes away from the two closest Walmarts, and when I've looked at their stock online they don't have any so at least for now I'm safe.

Lol, that's the ticket and can totally see myself doing the same. Luckily for me I live 35 minutes away from the two closest Walmarts, and when I've looked at their stock online they don't have any so at least for now I'm safe.
It’s only a matter of time that they’ll get them. All the Walmart’s around me have like 2-4 in stock. I was gonna hold off on this as well, but glad I didn’t. It’s now my primary grill for smoking and grilling

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky