Masterbuilt digital smokehouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kcjg

Original poster
Jul 8, 2016
Kansas City
Just got this at an estate sale. In good shape, but I have not done electric before. Any recommendations?

There are 10's of thousands of posts on pro and cons of different models, modifications and food people smoked in them. You could read for years or ask a specific question or even several questions. We are here to help. They are very popular around here, I have 2.  There are countless people to help you when you tell us what you want to know about or smoke in it. Manuals for several models are available on the Masterbuilt Website. The biggest downfall, they need to have chips fed every thirty minutes. Really sucks on a 16 hour Butt cook. Most add an A-MAZE-N Pellet Maze or Pellet Tube...JJ

Just got this at an estate sale. In good shape, but I have not done electric before. Any recommendations?
Nice, as JJ said, you have a wealth of information here, use the search box and just enter the Model, like "MES 40 Digital" and watch all the posts that will come up for everything from trouble shooting, hints and tips and MOD's !

I have a analog version, MES 30, Master Built makes some nice Smokers that are very affordable as well, but it is not about the brand per say, lots of Smokers, its about the Meats !!!!!

If you go to the Master Built site https://masterbuilt.com/  , you can download the manual for it, and if you need parts for it, the parts are available in other places but will be higher priced than Master Built, their Customer Service is really noce, I have dealt with them many times getting parts for mine for the MOD's I have done, they are very helpful and nice.

Did you get a good deal at the estate sale ?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky