• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chimney Starters

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
You said you don't mind paying more, this will probably last pretty decent.


But it has the solid bottom with holes as we discussed earlier ...
 
It was a comment in someone elses thread . Took me a bit to find it .
If you do it , and are using lump , I would do 2 layers of expanded metal and rotate them 90 degrees to each other . Makes the hole even smaller .
Thanks
It was around the time of this thread I got my both my Webers.
I'll see what I get for free from the scrap pile.
Tread doesn't rotate well, but it does off set but adds weight.

Or just use half inch flatend expanded metal...
That would be my preference, but again depends on what cheapo me gets for free. I don't have your resources, Keith.
 
That would be my preference, but again depends on what cheapo me gets for free. I don't have your resources, Keith.

I just did this. Quick and easy. I had 1/2" square Stainless steel mesh from another project and used a piece to keep the small stuff from falling thru. I used stainless steel wire to hold it in place.

I have had this for a long time but not sure of the day I did it.

Snapped the pic before today's cook.

weber_fix.jpg
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back
Top
Clicky