Man v Food

Discussion in 'Beef' started by tonyman, Feb 28, 2016.

1. tonyman

tonyman Newbie

Hi all im new here ........was watching this show last night in Perth Oz , he dipped his steak in a whiskey sauce , would anyone know how to make that dark sauce or another good sauce recipe to dip the steak in prior to grilling ect ....thanks

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome to SMF!

Are you talking about a marinade or a sauce like A-1?

Al

tonyman likes this.
  3. tonyman

tonyman Newbie

It was a sauce ..........whiskey ect ....he dipped it in a dark sauce .....looked amazing

4. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I can't help you, but Chef Jimmy J probably has a recipe for something like that.

If he doesn't see this, try PM'ing him.

Al

5. halfsmoked

halfsmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

[​IMG] Was it thick sure it wasn't a marinade looks like it would burn on hot coal fire.

6. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

I looked on Travel Channel and there is no Man vs Food outside the US listed. Adam R. had a couple other shows including Man Finds Food and Man vs Food Nation but I am not finding a Perth episode ...You are not clear if the Dipped steak was Before or After cooking...While marinades are common for grilled steak, dipping then grilling isn't. Most folks want a hard sear and any liquid on the outside before the sear inhibits the process. I am sure it is done it is just somewhat contrary to common practice. Best guess...A Dip of highly seasoned Melted Butter (75%+) with Whiskey, Garlic, Chile Powder, S & P, maybe some thick Worcestershire emulsified in would get you there with lots of smoke and flame. Any sweetener would burn. Any additional info or a link to a Video of the episode would be helpful...JJ

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016