Making Lots Sausage Over Memorial Weekend (4 Different Kinds) Q-View Heavy

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by beer-b-q, Jun 1, 2011.

1. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

We made a lot of Fresh Sausage Sunday, didn't get a lot of pics but did have a lot of problems...

I think next time I make sausage I am going to rip the F**king phone out of the wall.

Next I am going to make damn sure I have the Casings that I want and enough of them and the right size...

I ended up using 35mm collagen casings (I wanted to use 30 mm but didn't have any left) then I ran out of 35mm before I was finished so I made a few of the last sausages in 19mm smoked casings to use as hot dog type sausages.

I ended up leaving about 5lbs as fresh for patties...

So here goes.

We had the butcher grind the meat for us since we ordered 50# he was glad to do so...

The only problem with doing that is it threw us off by a day in getting started because he had to wait until the next day to grind it because he had to have a USDA meat inspector there at the time...

Here is a pic of one of my new toys. It will even give you the nutrition info (If I ever figure that part out).

NEW SCALE

Mixing one of the sausages don't know which one, I think it was MH I didn't take pic of each mix figured that was just repetition.

Everything was mixed and placed back in the refrigerator overnight and stuffed the next day.

MIXING

First Sausage was made using Mad Hunky.
    In these we added more Cayenne Pepper and some freeze dried Cilantro to the already great MH Seasoning.

#1: MAD HUNKY SAUSAGE

Next up Polish, Made this using some Sausage Maker Seasonings For Fresh Polish I have and wanting to get used up...

#2: POLISH SAUSAGE

Next comes Brats.

#3: BRATWURST

And Last but not least we get to the Italian and soon discover we don't have enough casings to finish...:faint:

#4: ITALIAN SAUSAGE

Italian in 19mm casings 35mm links on right.  I had another 35mm links image but somehow lost it.

Thanks for looking...

2. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Looks good for all the issues you had...

Have a great day!!

Craig

3. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

looks great paul....... you did the right thing finishing up with the Italian sausage. I would rather have the Italian sausage in patties or you can roll the ground meat and smoke them on the grate.

Joe

4. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks like a fun weekend. I have a couple batches of venison sausage in my near future as well. I can't wait.

5. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great looking sausages Paul. What ? No Bearview [​IMG]     [​IMG]

6. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice sausage weekend and looks great.

7. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice looking batch of sausage....had to laugh at your phone comment, I actually did that once but wasn't making sausage.

8. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    italian in a hot dog size.........that sounds like a hell of a snack!

9. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks like a fun weekend. Great looking sausage!

10. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I expect the BearView after some of it is smoked or cooked, and sliced open. MMMMmmmmm..........

Great looking sausage Paul !!!   And a lot of it !!

What the heck you doing all the way out in KC !!!!

Thanks,

Bear

11. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Your gonna need some help eating all those! I HAVE BEER!!!!

12. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

O boy a long weekend, great looking sausages

13. couger78

couger78 Smoking Fanatic

Gotta agree with the group...nice job & great lookin' links! Snack-size italian links may not be a bad idea!

BTW: Don't think I've seen it called 'dried cilantro' in a jar before. Seen it labeled "coriander leaves" (same thing). May be a regional thing. 'Cilantro' is Spanish for 'Coriander leaves' —thus coriander seeds come from the Cilantro plant. Fresh cilantro you find everywhere out here. Also called "Chinese Parsley" sometimes.

Call it what you want—all tastes the same! 

14. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Thanks everyone for your comments...

Dodging Heavy Thunderstorm w/Lightning Right now and getting ready to shut it down...

This is "Freeze Dried", It is supposed to keep a long time on the shelf.  They have like 6 different types of herbs like it.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  15. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Nice job Paul ! Italian hot dog size look great. [​IMG]