Made it to the other side...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...of another rotator cuff surgery. Had the 3rd on my right shoulder this past Friday and the damage was a bit more than anticipated, thank you Lucy. I won't bore you all with the details, but there are 8 screws in there now holding everything in place and I've got a bunch of pics of it all before and after. Saturday was rough, couldn't even enjoy football. Yesterday was better, and today so far seems even better, thanks Dilaudid.

Sleeping, what little I've done, in my recliner with 2 dogs jockeying for position in my lap has been interesting especially with one functioning arm. My 2 year old granddaughter won't come near me because of the sling, says "Papa is sick."

Rehab starts in 2 weeks and, as all of you who've been through it knows, that's when the real fun begins. The cooking responsibilities this week will be on others, but I've said that I would direct traffic if needed...:emoji_wink:. I've been shoved out of the kitchen, at least for now. What little food I've eaten didn't taste good and I really haven't been hungry, but that will return to normal hopefully by Thursday.

I can't wait to see all of your Thanksgiving spreads so post them up. Maybe someone will start a thread...

Well at least you’re on the mend, sounds like you have a good attitude & I’m sure you’ll be back to close to normal soon!
Good luck with the rehab, I know shoulders are bad!
Al

So sorry you have to go throw this again. Sleep was pretty hard for me. Can't sleep sitting up. Took weeks before could lie down. I'm a 2 timer but both shoulders good now.

Players for a speedy recovery Charles and hopefully your appetite will be back for turkey day !!

Keith

Glad you made it through. I strongly suggest investing in a Body Blade. It will really help with recovery, particularly after PT has run its course.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky