Machaca Con Huevos, Brisket, Re-fried Beans, Guac & Chips (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Well the steak omelette was yesterday. This was done this morning and I figured I'd better get it posted before I fall asleep. Did a brisket yesterday (which will get posted later) and had some left of course. I did a similar breakfast to this a couple years ago and felt it was time to do it again. One of our all time favorites that I discovered many years ago in Tecate Mexico when I went out to visit my aunt and uncle.

Start with onions, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and a splash of olive oil
001.jpg

Get some re-fried beans going
002.jpg

Cook the onions and peppers down a bit and add Ro Tel tomatoes with habaneros
003.jpg

Chop up the brisket
004.jpg

Add the brisket, some guajillo pepper, and black pepper to the veggies
005.jpg

Whisk 3 eggs, a splash of milk, and add to the pan
006.jpg

Cook eggs and plate with the beans, tortilla chips, guac, and top the machaca with homemade fire roasted salsa, top beans with cheddar
008.jpg

Sorry....the salsa got away from me. I dropped the spoon and that stuff went everywhere. Still though, this was a fantastic breakfast. We both loved it and Tracy says her favorite yet...she she has a love affair going with anything related to brisket. An nontraditional take on a traditional Mexican breakfast. They just use air dried beef, shred it, and cook with eggs. The first stuff I had did have veggies in it but I was too young to pay attention to anything but stuffing my face.

Nap time!!
Robert

Looks good Robert, I'm just glad I don't have to pronounce that! And no wonder you need a nap.

Ryan

Dang Dude! I'm thinking about moving into your neighborhood and being one of those guys that stops to visit at Mealtime. That's a nice Breakfast...JJ

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Dang Dude! I'm thinking about moving into your neighborhood and being one of those guys that stops to visit at Mealtime. That's a nice Breakfast...JJ

Well come on by brother!! The door is open and we'd love to have you. I might put you to work cooking though so be prepared. Got a freezer full of goodies for you to play with and a patio full of toys. If you come to visit though you might just not want to leave.

Thank you for the kind words sir.

Robert

Looks good Robert, I'm just glad I don't have to pronounce that! And no wonder you need a nap.

Thanks you Ryan!! I'd be more apt to pronounce it than spell it. I'm not very well versed in Spanish unfortunately.

Robert

Killer looking breakfast Robert!!! You're definitely staking your claim on the new breakfast forum!

I hear ya! I'm ready to trade PA winters for some TX heat. I'd be popping in like Kramer.

Robert that looks good to me,haven't had beans with breakfast may give it a shot
Richie

I thought my neighbors made out pretty good. I agree we should all move next to Robert!! Looks good
!!

Geez Robert!
Do you do anything besides cook up these fantastic meals!
You couldn't possibly have a job!
Very nice looking breakfast!!
Al

Killer looking breakfast Robert!!! You're definitely staking your claim on the new breakfast forum!

Thanks so much Joe. I'm not trying to stake a claim to it per se. I've just wanted to see more breakfast posts because so many people make their own bacon, sausage, Canadian bacon, etc. It helps that work has been slow this week and I've had time to put together a couple of interesting breakfasts to share. Just hoping to see this forum really take off and start garnering more attention.

I hear ya! I'm ready to trade PA winters for some TX heat. I'd be popping in like Kramer.

Come on down!! There's plenty of room and everybody is welcome.

Rolling out the red carpet,
Robert

I thought my neighbors made out pretty good. I agree we should all move next to Robert!! Looks good
!!

Well come on Jeff!! I only get text messages from the neighbors asking what I'm cooking now. Rarely do they ever just pop in....except in the Summer when they want to bring the kids down to play in the pool.

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
Geez Robert!
Do you do anything besides cook up these fantastic meals!
You couldn't possibly have a job!
Very nice looking breakfast!!
Al

Thanks so much Al!! I do love to cook and I very much enjoy doing different and creative stuff, but I actually do have a job. I just don't have to work very many hours. Tuesday I had nothing on the schedule so was home to make breakfast...and still got paid for the whole day. today I had a couple quick stops and was home by 7:00 so had time to do the Cajun sausage gravy I posted a little while ago.

This particular breakfast however was done on Sunday so you can't hold it against me for sluffing off at work :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
Well Let's see:
I never had Refried Beans, but I'd probably love that.
Everything else on the plate looks Great, but you can keep the Little Pale Green Pile.
Tried it---Never again!
Like.

Bear

My kind of Breakfast or Lunch or Dinner Love it all

Nice !!

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky