• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

macaroni and cheese

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
 I am hopelessly addicted to Stouffers mac and cheese.

Tried many times but just can't seem to find the right combo  

I usually add some bacon and other stuff.

Put one of the big trays in my last smoke with pecan wood.

Awesome.

Good luck and have fun!!

Craig

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Try the recipe on the back of a box of Velveta cheese. It's old school mac-n-cheese. Put it on the smoker & it's hard to beat.

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2011
I just made that recipe up, added some sour cream n milk, stirred in some fried bacon crumbles, layered it with sharp grated cheddar, added hot rotel tomatos (4 cans drained) then put it in the smoker a 225 with Hickory. We will see how this comes out. Ought to be good. Pics to follow.......

ybfm

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 27, 2012
I just made that recipe up, added some sour cream n milk, stirred in some fried bacon crumbles, layered it with sharp grated cheddar, added hot rotel tomatos (4 cans drained) then put it in the smoker a 225 with Hickory. We will see how this comes out. Ought to be good. Pics to follow.......

wkyrider

Joined Jan 6, 2013
this is probably a very rookie question, but do you cook the pasta before or does it cook while in the smoker?

kathrynn

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 13, 2012
this is probably a very rookie question, but do you cook the pasta before or does it cook while in the smoker?
yes....you will have to otherwise they will not cook. Smoked Mac and cheese is great!

seldom23

Joined Feb 4, 2013
Macaroni and Cheese is my favorite food on this earth, always has been.
But,
I'm looking for your favorite Mac N Cheese recipes to make at home, to see if I can find one that I actually enjoy more than the the generic ole Boxed Mac.

seldom23

Joined Feb 4, 2013
Macaroni and Cheese is my favorite food on this earth, always has been.
But,
I'm looking for your favorite Mac N Cheese recipes to make at home, to see if I can find one that I actually enjoy more than the the generic ole Boxed Mac.
That's what i think about the topic, What you think? Do give your ideas and suggestions,

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.