Mac & Cheese Ribeye Steak Samich!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So it was the boys turn to make lunch yesterday and he came up with this….. doctor up box mac with the day before left over grilled ribeye sliced & mixed in the pasta with the sauce and the put over a French bread garlic parm toast…..
54DA862A-302A-49E5-B2A0-E13E7732EA83.jpeg

He said this is the good old college cheese steak samich……
8356BFC0-19D9-4472-A9AD-7E01D1CFEDA5.jpeg

All I can say is HOLY crap why haven’t we done this before!!!! Just amazing flavor and texture!

Last edited:
Looks and I bet taste a heck of a lot better than the ramen I ate in college!
kudos to the son on ingenuity.

Jim

I'm a fan. Looks pretty awesome.
Brian it was a tasty open face, we are going to be doing this often in the future for sure!
Looks and I bet taste a heck of a lot better than the ramen I ate in college!
kudos to the son on ingenuity.

Jim
Oh yea but the boy does a mean ramen with left over steak too. He drs it as well. Thanks Jim!
That boy's got it going on, I'd hit that in a hot second! RAY
Many thanks Ray! Yea he isn’t your average college student, it’s leftovers but NOT
Bet it taste good
It was a new meaning for cheese steak for sure!
Looks pretty good . Great idea .
Thanks chop, it sure it the spot for sure!

All Incan say is HOLY crap why haven’t we done this before!!!!
Somebody is in total agreement here. That just looks amazing!! So simple yet undeniably delicious and a fantastic use of leftover steak...that's not leftovers any more :emoji_wink: Dumb Q though. your son seems to be quite adept in the kitchen and around the cookers. Why does he not have his own SMF account to showcase his work? He could certainly turn some heads in here....like he just turned mine :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Somebody is in total agreement here. That just looks amazing!! So simple yet undeniably delicious and a fantastic use of leftover steak...that's not leftovers any more :emoji_wink: Dumb Q though. your son seems to be quite adept in the kitchen and around the cookers. Why does he not have his own SMF account to showcase his work? He could certainly turn some heads in here....like he just turned mine :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Thanks Robert, he does have his own account C CivilSmokerJr ….however, he is not a “show and tell” kind of person….I have encouraged him to but he just sits back and enjoys reading and learning……oh yes he is getting to be rather versed in the kitchen and smokers….he does send me pics Of his meals when I’m out of town though, just to show me what I’m missing….…

Here is one pic he send me from two weeks ago….
8A9DD237-D748-401E-BC2C-53247716C378.jpeg

This was his prime rib he did a few months ago, I just got to eat it when I got home from work!!!
7BBEB4BA-BBF7-46A2-A778-52F1F0E09597.jpeg

Reactions: 02ebz06
Some excellent looking food right there from your son. He certainly stands a chance of becoming a damned good chef....as if he isn't already one :emoji_wink:
Thanks Robert, he does have his own account C CivilSmokerJr ….however, he is not a “show and tell” kind of person
I can understand that, especially in a group like this. It takes some time for most people to get comfortable posting here. I know it took a couple years of lurking and learning before I ever posted anything. Hopefully one day soon we'll see him on his own. No offense to Dad intended because you sure make some amazing looking food too.

Robert

Reactions: civilsmoker
Cheap and good. I think he will do great in school. I can’t count how many of those boxes of Mac-n- cheese I ate in college.

Some excellent looking food right there from your son. He certainly stands a chance of becoming a damned good chef....as if he isn't already one :emoji_wink:

I can understand that, especially in a group like this. It takes some time for most people to get comfortable posting here. I know it took a couple years of lurking and learning before I ever posted anything. Hopefully one day soon we'll see him on his own. No offense to Dad intended because you sure make some amazing looking food too.

Robert
I’ll pass along the kudos to the boy…… I put “hints” to him but you know I’m just dad…
Cheap and good. I think he will do great in school. I can’t count how many of those boxes of Mac-n- cheese I ate in college.
Thanks chp! Oh yes many a box and still eating them!

I'll bet the combo of texture and flavor was bomb! Looks as though your son takes after you in the kitchen.

Nice work!
Much appreciated SMrks!
I'll bet the combo of texture and flavor was bomb! Looks as though your son takes after you in the kitchen.
Thanks jcam, yea my mind was blown when I took the first bite! He is a foodie for sure, but one that does more than just talk about food!

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky