• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Louisiana Flooding

cecil

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 24, 2010
Hoping and praying all my friends and neighbors on this forun in the Baton Rouge area are safe and able to stay dry.

redheelerdog

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 4, 2011
The storms down there have been insane, we watched a video of a semi truck being washed away. Crazy!

Stay safe, and dry.

gearjammer

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 6, 2015
Crazy weather everywhere.

I pray that everyone will be OK.

Been here over fifty years it's never been

this dry before.

Ed

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
We have some friends in Denham Springs and now parts of that area are getting flooded. Scary situation.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Weather is crazy Hot as H--- here and we need rain,hope it lets up down there.Stay safe 

Richie

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Sure hope everybody stays safe.

It IS crazy weather everywhere. It rains here every day and then turns sunny again. Like living in the tropics.

Gary

bluewhisper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 1, 2014
I'm catching about 1/2 of my roof runoff into rain barrels. I haven't used a garden hose yet this year.

I wonder how the Tabasco plant is doing.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
A couple of our members are flooded that I know of and I know a bunch could use our prayers

cecil

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 24, 2010

I'm catching about 1/2 of my roof runoff into rain barrels. I haven't used a garden hose yet this year.

I wonder how the Tabasco plant is doing.
Would you like some of our run off. We will gladly send it

pitbulmom

Meat Mopper
Joined May 14, 2016
Sending prayers for those in LA! The "stuff" can be replaced, but our friends can't! Pray that all are safe, and hopefully dry!

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
I got a PM from Foamheart, he's surrounded by water but high and dry an top of his hill. Power and phones out or off and on. He is a generator powering A/C, fridges and freezers. Said he ha a 6 month supply of smoked goods to get him by after that we may need to airlift him some!

fwismoker

Master of the Pit
Joined Dec 31, 2012
I got a PM from Foamheart, he's surrounded by water but high and dry an top of his hill. Power and phones out or off and on. He is a generator powering A/C, fridges and freezers. Said he ha a 6 month supply of smoked goods to get him by after that we may need to airlift him some!
Ha!  Yea that's foam for you, always prepared.   GREAT to hear he's doing well

Last edited:

jammo

Smoke Blower
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Mar 13, 2010
Has anyone heard from eman ( Bob and wife Sherrie) in Baton Rouge?

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
I seen some FB posts from him. House getting water yesterday. No posts from him today

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Has anyone heard from eman ( Bob and wife Sherrie) in Baton Rouge?
Yeah he had over a foot of water in his house. They are in the cleanup phase now but they had alot of damage.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.