Louisiana Flooding

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi Folks,

We didnt drown.  We have never seen standing water in our street and this time we had over a foot in the house which is 4 feet higher than the street. Over 28" of rain in 36 hrs.

We lost everything but the puter and tv that was on stands and the hanging clothes in our closets. My brand new MES had a little water in it but i think it will be fine.

We are blessed as my brother and his family live in denham springs la. they escaped with one of 3 vehicles and the clothes on their backs.

Their house had water up on the roof.. 90% of the homes in Livingston parish (same as your counties) were flooded.

We live in east baton rouge parish and i think they said 68% of homes flooded here. This does not include and businesses

I am on leave of absence from work until i finish .gutting the house.

The water came up so fast that no one had time to react in any way other than to get out.

If you are of the faith based crowd , please say a prayer for Louisiana. 

We will survive We are Louisiana Strong.

If you want to see how we take care of our own google ( cajun navy )

My sister is in Patterson but she chose to rip me off for eight thousand five hundred dollars in an estate matter so I have little sympathy for her. I don't know how much flooding they got but they certainly won't get any help from me.

Dang we were close partners for 40 years.

Been thinking of you Bob and was hoping Sherrie you and the home somehow escaped the waters. I'm sad to learn you didn't. You two being safe and unharmed makes me feel much better and I know you two along with your neighbors will get through this mess. Prayers are with you all.

Hi Folks,

We didnt drown.  We have never seen standing water in our street and this time we had over a foot in the house which is 4 feet higher than the street. Over 28" of rain in 36 hrs.

We lost everything but the puter and tv that was on stands and the hanging clothes in our closets. My brand new MES had a little water in it but i think it will be fine.

We are blessed as my brother and his family live in denham springs la. they escaped with one of 3 vehicles and the clothes on their backs.

Their house had water up on the roof.. 90% of the homes in Livingston parish (same as your counties) were flooded.

We live in east baton rouge parish and i think they said 68% of homes flooded here. This does not include and businesses

The water came up so fast that no one had time to react in any way other than to get out.

So sorry to hear you got hit!   It's a lot to chew but remember it's ONE BITE AT A TIME.   Our house is 4 feet above the street too and I can't imagine that. 

Hi Folks,

That's terrible Bob.  Glad you and the Mrs are safe...things can be replaced.

Prayers from Alberta.

Gary

Bob We will survive. Sherrie went out the day after the water receded to wash some bedding that had got wet.  She tripped going out the front door and face planted into a 4 x 6 post Thank god we rounded the corners when we replaced the post or she would have split her face open. She has a knot on her forehead like a baseball and 2 black eyes today

Thinking of you all in LA - Bob, hope Sherrie is alright, sounds like it could have been worse.

Hi Folks,

Praying for you and all our forum friends that have been impacted b this catastrophic flood.  

I know one thing, that area will REEK when the water goes down. I toured around a local reservoir after a flood and it stank like Dead Bug Tea. It was very nasty.

Long ago I read about houses getting flooded along the Mississippi as a regular event, and one trick was to sweep the mud/water out of the house as the water was going down.

So good to hear that you all are alright!  It will take time, but I have always known the people of La to be a hearty bunch and they bounce back better than before!

Will keep you all in my Prayers!

Dag gumit Sherrie I know alot of stuff needs done but you gotta be careful gal.thank goodness the corners weren't sharp.I'm thinking of you both and wish the best. Bob I give ya another couple days till you two starting cooking for and feeding the hood, that is if ya ain't already started. (Grin)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky