lost a family member today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sorry for your loss. Not much of a cat person, I have only had 2 that would give me any attention, but those that do show you love, make you love them more...JJ

Very sorry for your loss. It's like a Family member. 19 Years old? That's a pretty long life, and I'm sure you gave her a good life.

Reactions: Fueling Around
Sucks when it happens.It can be very hard.They're not just pets they truly are a part of the family.

We had a miniature Dachshund who was 18 when had to make that decision.That was three years ago,still think about the little guy to this day.

Thanks everyone.
Technically" Kitty" was my wife's cat, but she favored me and my son.
For many years, she lounged on a chair next to the computer desk to keep my company. This stopped in February and she stayed more and more in the basement. I think Kitty was telling us it was time?
Cat or dog, they're all four legged, fur covered children and it's hard.
Well said. Thank you.

So sorry to hear that. My condolences. 19 years - indoor cat? I hope your wife finds comfort soon.
Yep mostly house cat. We used to get her outdoors for fresh air, but never let her wander around to be a neighborhood nuisance nor subsidized predator.
Thank You!!
Wife knows it was the best and humane end. She couldn't, but was thankful I was there for the end.
Wife was relieved after she called our daughter and I called our son. (She was worried our daughter and/or son would stress out.)
We learned that when both daughter and son were home for Easter, they realized it was time.
Good friends have 2 cats and will take all the left over food and treats.
All is well

I've never really been a cat person, so of course we have one. She's not real mentally stable--I never know if she's going to purr or attack when I pet her. But still, I'd miss her. Knowing how I feel when losing a dog, I can really sympathise with you and your family. But when it's time, to do nothing is simply cruel and selfish. It is love that enables a person to make the right decision. You did the right thing, my friend, even if it doesn't feel like you did.
Gary

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Pets are family. They also love unconditionally and dont judge us when we are stupid. They make us better people. 19 years is a long life. May they rest in peace.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky