Liver & Onions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks Great, My Brother Richie!!
However like Al, It's been awhile since I've had it.
Like Warren, it's not something We make at home, and during our rare visits to restaurants, there's always some kind of Seafood that pulls me in first!!
Like.

Bear

Never had it myself . Looks good , glad you enjoyed it . Sounds like you're in good hands too !

Happy Birthday and looks great. The soy and lemon is an interesting twist to what I have had. I grew up eating this from time to time when my grandma cooked it. I remember my brother hated it and I loved it. Funny enough I almost bought some chicken livers tonight to cook up with onions. I love chicken livers the most.

It has been years since I had liver and onions and bacon and taters. That sure does look down right comforting! And Happy Birthday to you!!

Wow. It's been decades, and I don't see liver in the stores where I shop here in NorCal. Maybe I'm just not looking. My wife just said "don't buy any." SWMBO'D MBO'D.

Last time I had it was in the South as a young buck. I remember bacon, the liver being floured and fried, white gravy and onions. I remember hating L&Os as a kid, but that bacon dish was perty good.

Looks Restaurant quality. Nice job.
I like poultry liver but Beef Liver was too strong for me. Until, some Egyptian cooks I work with had me make Beef Liver for their Ramadan meal.
The liver was cut into strip, about 3/8", I was instructed to Saute a 2 Cup of sliced Onions in Evoo until tender and golden, and add a Cup of fresh diced Tomatoes and saute until hot, remove from the pan. Add more oil a Tablespoon of Minced Garlic and saute until fragrant. Next add the Liver strips and a teaspoon of Cumin. Saute, quickly until browned, add back the Onions and Tomato, heat through and add the juice of one Lemon, Salt, Pepper and a handful of rough chopped Flat leaf Parsley leaves. Serve on Hoagie Rolls. The liver was still pink, tender and juicy. Best Beef liver I ever ate...JJ

Looks great. Love liver and onions. Don't get here, I'm the only one that cares for it so it's only when we hit a hometown style restaurant!
Winterrider Thank you I am lucky my wife will eat anything.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks Great, My Brother Richie!!
However like Al, It's been awhile since I've had it.
Like Warren, it's not something We make at home, and during our rare visits to restaurants, there's always some kind of Seafood that pulls me in first!!
Like.

Bear
Brother John Thank you I understand,thanks for the like I appreciate it
Richie

Never had it myself . Looks good , glad you enjoyed it . Sounds like you're in good hands too !
Rich Thank you it is an acquired taste,you either like it or hate it
Richie

Happy Birthday and looks great. The soy and lemon is an interesting twist to what I have had. I grew up eating this from time to time when my grandma cooked it. I remember my brother hated it and I loved it. Funny enough I almost bought some chicken livers tonight to cook up with onions. I love chicken livers the most.
Jeff I have never had Chicken Livers not a big fan of Chicken.Beef,Calve or Venison are all I have ever eaten.Thanks for the B-Day wishes and the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Like a few others have stated, I haven’t had liver n onions in a long time! That looks good! Happy Birthday Richie!
Justin Thank you I only have a problem finding it in stores only 1 around here that has it almost all the time. Thanks for the B-Day wishes and the Like I appreciate it
Richie

It has been years since I had liver and onions and bacon and taters. That sure does look down right comforting! And Happy Birthday to you!!
Thank you thanks for the B-Day wishes also
Richie

Wow. It's been decades, and I don't see liver in the stores where I shop here in NorCal. Maybe I'm just not looking. My wife just said "don't buy any." SWMBO'D MBO'D.

Last time I had it was in the South as a young buck. I remember bacon, the liver being floured and fried, white gravy and onions. I remember hating L&Os as a kid, but that bacon dish was perty good.
ray some good stuff you should take care of that not having it for years.
Thank you thanks for the B-Day wishes also
Richie

Looks Restaurant quality. Nice job.
I like poultry liver but Beef Liver was too strong for me. Until, some Egyptian cooks I work with had me make Beef Liver for their Ramadan meal.
The liver was cut into strip, about 3/8", I was instructed to Saute a 2 Cup of sliced Onions in Evoo until tender and golden, and add a Cup of fresh diced Tomatoes and saute until hot, remove from the pan. Add more oil a Tablespoon of Minced Garlic and saute until fragrant. Next add the Liver strips and a teaspoon of Cumin. Saute, quickly until browned, add back the Onions and Tomato, heat through and add the juice of one Lemon, Salt, Pepper and a handful of rough chopped Flat leaf Parsley leaves. Serve on Hoagie Rolls. The liver was still pink, tender and juicy. Best Beef liver I ever ate...JJ
JJ Thank you that sounds good to me.
Richie

Looks great my friend, haven't had liver and onions in a long while... I need to change that! Also a belated Happy Birthday to ya!

Looks great my friend, haven't had liver and onions in a long while... I need to change that! Also a belated Happy Birthday to ya!
Justin Thank you seems to be everyone hasn't had it for a long time.Thanks for the B-Day wishes and the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Justin Thank you seems to be everyone hasn't had it for a long time.Thanks for the B-Day wishes and the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Hey Brother Richie!! Here's the Difference:
True, I haven't had Liver & Onions in a long time, but if I had some I'd eat it tonight for Supper.
I haven't eaten Fried Cow Brains in a long time either, and I doubt if I ever will.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky