Light Surf & Turf (Ninja made)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Light Surf & Turf (Ninja made)

I like these types of things that are more like snacks than big Dinners.
So I Made some Dogs, and some Spam, and some Scallops wrapped in Bacon, over the last few days.
I got these leftovers together for this meal.
For this Supper I put some Yellow mustard on a couple Doggie Buns.
Then I dropped a Dog on one Bun and a couple pieces of Bacon Flavored Spam on the other Bun.
I topped that one with Cheese & melted it.

Then I put 10 scallops wrapped in Bacon on the side of that plate.

There are lots of times that I’d enjoy a meal like this a lot more than a Steak.

Thanks for looking!

Bear

Lotsa Yellow Mustard on 2 Doggy Buns:
IMG_8233.JPG

Hot Dog in one & 2 strips of Bacon Flavored Spam in the other:
IMG_8234.JPG

American Cheese on the Spam:
IMG_8235.JPG

Melted the cheese:
IMG_8236.JPG

Add 10 Scallops wrapped in Bacon:
IMG_8237.JPG

That's a pretty hefty meal right there Bear. Loving the idea of the Spam and cheese. That sounds tasty...and of course, what's not to love about bacon wrapped scallops?? :emoji_wink:

Robert

I like plates like that too Bear. Sort of a mini builder plate. As Robert said to gotta love scallops snd bacon and I’m a big fried or grilled Spam fan.

Looks real good John. Excellent combination and great take on Surf and Turf. I like everything nice and crispy too. Great job. Haven't had Spam in years.

Looks great John, that be a perfect meal while watching a hockey game.

Point for sure
Chris

A fine looking plate John, after all that I doubt you had room for Mrs Bear's dessert! RAY

Nice, I would snack around on that for sure !

Thank You Rider!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
That's a pretty hefty meal right there Bear. Loving the idea of the Spam and cheese. That sounds tasty...and of course, what's not to love about bacon wrapped scallops?? :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thank You Robert !!
Dang wrapped scallops don't take up much Belly Space!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I've never wrapped scallops in bacon. I would think the scallop would be overcooked by the time the bacon is done. I guess I was wrong

Looks good to me. Thanks for sharing, Bear.
Thank You Colin!
And for the Like.

Bear

I like plates like that too Bear. Sort of a mini builder plate. As Robert said to gotta love scallops snd bacon and I’m a big fried or grilled Spam fan.
Thank You Jeff !!
Yup---Everything on this plate was one of my Favorites, because it was ALL For Me!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks real good John. Excellent combination and great take on Surf and Turf. I like everything nice and crispy too. Great job. Haven't had Spam in years.

Thank You Mike!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Now that's an excellent meal, John.I love spam and the bacon wrapped scallops are a definite winner. But I'd be more than happy to leave the dog on the plate. LOL.
Gary

Thank You Gary!! Look Out----Another Bear Story!!!
I told this story before, but when one of My Nieces got married, they were handing out Appetizers before the meal, and I had complained every time a tray got to me the wrapped Scallops were gone.
So when Bear Jr got married, they had 6 young guys & girls handing appetizers out, and every time one of them came out of the kitchen they came right to me first. Finally I asked one of them what's going on. He said the Groom gave us all instructions that whenever you have scallops wrapped in Bacon on your tray, go directly to the Father of the Groom, with the Tuxedo on, and make sure he gets all he wants!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: MJB05615
Very nice Bear! Bacon wrapped scallops are one of my favorite foods, I could eat myself silly on them.

Nicely done!!

Everything looks good to me John. I had no idea they made Bacon flavored Spam.

After many years of closed seasons, we had a decent length Scallop season, hear in Eastern NC, this year. I usually pan fry them in butter, (either smoked or not), just long enough to warm them through. Not at all sure that that is an improvement over raw, though.

POINT!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky