Light Surf & Turf (Ninja made)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bacon wrapped scallops?! Now that's serious groceries right there. Grew up eating Spam and also didn't realize that they had a bacon flavored option...

Everything looks good to me John. I had no idea they made Bacon flavored Spam.

After many years of closed seasons, we had a decent length Scallop season, hear in Eastern NC, this year. I usually pan fry them in butter, (either smoked or not), just long enough to warm them through. Not at all sure that that is an improvement over raw, though.

POINT!
Bacon wrapped scallops?! Now that's serious groceries right there. Grew up eating Spam and also didn't realize that they had a bacon flavored option...
Thank You Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke & one eyed jack one eyed jack !!
I don't think Bacon Spam tastes any more like Bacon than any of the others.
I buy the Bacon Spam, because it's the lowest in "Sodium" of All of the Spams, including the one they call "Low Sodium".

Bear

What an awesome plate! I agree, I feel like there is never enough bacon wrapped scallops!
Thank You Jed!!
Yup---Gotta luv-em!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
I've never wrapped scallops in bacon. I would think the scallop would be overcooked by the time the bacon is done. I guess I was wrong

Thank You Matt !!
Some of them might be a bit overcooked, but they're so good I don't notice.
I know in my Ninja, it takes 4 minutes to make Bacon, and Bacon wrapped Scallops are done in 5 minutes----Using the setting of 390°.

Bear

Everything looks good to me John. I had no idea they made Bacon flavored Spam.

After many years of closed seasons, we had a decent length Scallop season, hear in Eastern NC, this year. I usually pan fry them in butter, (either smoked or not), just long enough to warm them through. Not at all sure that that is an improvement over raw, though.

POINT!

Thank You Jack!!
If all I'm making is Scallops, Pan-frying them in Butter is my favorite way, by far.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: one eyed jack
Thats my idea.of a.tasty meal, only change I'd make is to replace the bun with a tortilla for less carbs. Yum.
Thank You!!!
Great Idea!!---We just don't stock them---Have to get them in advance!
Appreciate That !!

Bear

Thank You Charles!!
To be honest, I can't taste much difference between any of the many "flavors" of Spam. I get the "Bacon" Spam because it claims it's the lowest in Sodium of all, including the one they call "25% Less Sodium".

Bear

Fantastic meals John! Big like! Those scallops stole the show!
Thank You Steve!!
Dang Scallops always steal the show, even when they're just seared on both sides in a pan with butter. MMMmmmm......
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Love the small bites. In fact, when the wife and I go out we mostly order an assortment of appetizer plates for dinner.

Nicely done, and I think I'll wrap my scallops with bacon next time. I've scallops in the freezer that would love to meet some bacon.

Love the small bites. In fact, when the wife and I go out we mostly order an assortment of appetizer plates for dinner.

Nicely done, and I think I'll wrap my scallops with bacon next time. I've scallops in the freezer that would love to meet some bacon.

Thank You Pete!!
Yup, Bacon & Scallops play well together!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky