Let The Good Smoke Roll! Brisket...and birds.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Birds....
IMG_20181016_073934.jpg

I named them Gumbo....LOL!

Thanks Bear.
I'll get some pics. later tonight of the brisket. It is currently sitting in a warm oven @ the firehouse. Hope that keeping it below 180* will keep it from completely falling apart.

Gumbo on deck later this week with the birds....with some home made aundouille; I think I have one pack left. Need to make another batch for the winter gumbos and such.

I used a little bit of live oak chunks along with some hickory pellets for the brisket. Once wrapped, I threw a few apple chunks on for the chickens...

Man that looks really good - making me hungry and I just ate. Question: what's live oak(I'm tired so my first thought was little chunks of oak wood running away from the hot coals)?

Chris

Ok so it's a species of oak. At least I'm not going crazy.

Thanks.

Chris

Thanks cfarmer... I too love oak smoke on brisket.

BTW, here is the lime coleslaw dressing:
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/240784/easy-coleslaw-dressing/
substitute the juice from 1/2 of a large lime for the lemon. Use the other half of the lime on 1 fiji or gala apple diced. Add some peanuts and grated carrots to the shredded cabbage. It's a great change up. I think I like it more than when made with lemon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky