Let It Snow!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Just what we need---Another 6" to 12". There's 2" on the ground already, and they said it's gonna keep coming down all day & into the night.

Got my Harman Pellet Stove going good since we installed a wall thermostat to it last week.

I got yelled at this morning already. I was prepping my Gravely for snowblowing later, and my Son yelled at me, saying he'll get it with his Boss V-Plow if it ever stops.

He said to go back in the house & warm up, so that's the plan. Don't want to get yelled at again!!
biggrin.gif

Bear

Snowing like crazy out there!!! Warm in here!
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN0383.jpg.html

Nice flame----Time to hibernate!!
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN0384.jpg.html

I am glad it is missing us.  Calling for 1-2" is all.

Stay warm thou.  Its gonna get cold.

They're saying 4"-9" here. Fed Gov't is shut down and I'm sure the stores are out of toilet paper. I'm gonna sit right here and watch the mayhem outside the windows.

They're saying 4"-9" here. Fed Gov't is shut down and I'm sure the stores are out of toilet paper. I'm gonna sit right here and watch the mayhem outside the windows.
You guys must be getting more than 4" to 9" !!!

We're up to 6" right now, and I think you're supposed to get more than us.

Bear

Been snowing since about 9am and really only looks like a couple inches so far. It's pretty fine, powdery snow and it's blowing pretty good, so must be drifting.

Looks like we topped out around 6-7". Cold and windy out there though, just went out to look around the neighborhood. I think it's around 16˚.

Just what we need---Another 6" to 12". There's 2" on the ground already, and they said it's gonna keep coming down all day & into the night.

Got my Harman Pellet Stove going good since we installed a wall thermostat to it last week.

I got yelled at this morning already. I was prepping my Gravely for snowblowing later, and my Son yelled at me, saying he'll get it with his Boss V-Plow if it ever stops.

He said to go back in the house & warm up, so that's the plan. Don't want to get yelled at again!!
biggrin.gif

Bear

Snowing like crazy out there!!! Warm in here!
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN0383.jpg.html

Nice flame----Time to hibernate!!
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN0384.jpg.html

i made this in the late 80;s for deer hunting  and now its been sitting in the basement for 23 yrs now.

its mostly made from 2 by 4's and its  80 inch tall, 5 feet wide and 23 inch deep

View media item 285626View media item 285627
View media item 285628

Looks like we topped out around 6-7". Cold and windy out there though, just went out to look around the neighborhood. I think it's around 16˚.
We finished up at about 9" of snow, and the temp was Minus 8 at 6:30 AM today. Got to Zero at 9 AM, and just hit 10* at Noon sharp.

Bear
nice place you have there bear. ive got a gun cabinet that would look great in that setting.

i made this in the late 80;s for deer hunting  and now its been sitting in the basement for 23 yrs now.

its mostly made from 2 by 4's and its  80 inch tall, 5 feet wide and 23 inch deep
Cool Cabinet, smker !!!

I already have the gun cabinet that I made, in that room---Corner gun cabinet---Natural Red Oak. (Behind the smoker)

Bear

Last edited:

We finished up at about 9" of snow, and the temp was Minus 8 at 6:30 AM today. Got to Zero at 9 AM, and just hit 10* at Noon sharp.

Bear
Not sure how cold it got overnight, but it was around 8˚ at 7:30 this morning. It's a balmy 12˚ now. Thinking of putting the top down on the convertible and going for a drive :)

Not sure how cold it got overnight, but it was around 8˚ at 7:30 this morning. It's a balmy 12˚ now. Thinking of putting the top down on the convertible and going for a drive :)
I'm betting nobody will be riding Shotgun!!

Bear

Snow? What's that? Been mid 60's the past two weeks! Normally we'd have a high of mid 30's this time of year. Gonna be a no burn summer if we don't get some snow soon!

Snow? What's that? Been mid 60's the past two weeks! Normally we'd have a high of mid 30's this time of year. Gonna be a no burn summer if we don't get some snow soon!
Hope that's coming our way. Below Zero here again ALL Night.

From the weather reports I've seen, our 9" of snow we got yesterday isn't going anywhere soon.

Bear

Hey Bear

2" on the ground??  I've got about 4 feet--can't even see the hounds when they head out.  However, today was +10 (thats about 50* US--water running off the roof.)  Just a crazy winter so far

Gary
You got 4 Feet?!?!  Bet you can really run fast !!
biggrin.gif

That 2" was in the first 2 hours of the 9" we got that day.

Haven't had any real big snows for a long time, like the 3 footers we used to get.

The 18" we got in October, 2 years ago was a real mess, because the leaves were still on the trees. Lost electric for 6 days!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky