lemon juice and pork ribs??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dan the mano

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 22, 2017
i'm just curious to see if anyone has done this (lemon juice on pork ribs) , and how low long did they let the lemon juice sit on the meat for ? and also how did they do this ... marinade over night ... or just wipe on and let sit for a few hours and then carry on ?? and then , what kind of rub did you use ???

thanks

Are you meaning lemon juice as a rub binder? i have used lemon juice in a bbq sauce on ribs and came out fantastic but never as a rub binder.Where did you hear about someone doing this? interesting to see if anyone else has tried that.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: dan the mano
Are you trying to tenderize the ribs? Never hear it done before. If left to long on the meat will turn mushy.

Last edited:
Reactions: dan the mano
i'm just curious to see if anyone has done this (lemon juice on pork ribs) , and how low long did they let the lemon juice sit on the meat for ? and also how did they do this ... marinade over night ... or just wipe on and let sit for a few hours and then carry on ?? and then , what kind of rub did you use ???

thanks
naw i was just gonna place some lemon juice on the ribs for a few hours then wipe away and add my rub (probably using some mustard or grape seed / olive oil. that was my plan anyways ..

thanks again for your comments

I've used a mix of lemon, lime, and orange juice on a stabbed pork butt to make a mock Cuban mojo. It marinated for 24 hours and definitely impacts the meat. "Cooking" it is as good a description as any. The meat gets much lighter looking and the texture changes. Ribs wouldn't have enough meat to maintain their rib-ee-ness.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky