Last Round-up

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bear, your contributions and positive spirit have made us all better at what we aspire to do, and be.

I wish you nothing less than a peaceful and comfortable journey on whatever comes next. And I trust your family can find solice in a reflection on a life well lived.

Godspeed, Sir.

Respectfully,

Steve

Bear, although I did not get to know you well on SMF, your posts have helped me many times over. Thank you for that!

I will pray for you and your family. Is there anything specific that I can pray for?

I do love your comment "See you on the other side." I look forward to that meeting.

My SMF signature is Romans 8:38-39. It applies here.
Rom 8:38-39 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Amen!

Well, I picked a helluva day to log on. Sad to hear but you've had a good run after those pesky heart issues a while back. Me? hanging on by a thread here...LOL....but the chemos working they say. I doubt I'm going to Heaven like you (go figure) but perhaps we can hook up at the Rainbow Bridge where a few critters wait for me I've been told. I haven't made meltys lately but I'm still hooked on Mrs. Bears Raspberry Chiffon pies! So, anyways, via con dios from one grunt to another.....Chef Willie

Well, I picked a helluva day to log on. Sad to hear but you've had a good run after those pesky heart issues a while back. Me? hanging on by a thread here...LOL....but the chemos working they say. I doubt I'm going to Heaven like you (go figure) but perhaps we can hook up at the Rainbow Bridge where a few critters wait for me I've been told. I haven't made meltys lately but I'm still hooked on Mrs. Bears Raspberry Chiffon pies! So, anyways, via con dios from one grunt to another.....Chef Willie

Hello Willie! It's been too long since we've heard from you Buddy...I'm glad you checked in - although for a sad reason. Sorry to hear you've had health problems too...please take care and check in occasionally when you're able.

Red

Bear, I am so sorry to hear this. Your posts have always been informative and uplifting and your loss will be felt here for a long, long time. Don't really have any other words that haven't already been said. Prayers for you and your loved ones.

Reactions: 801driver
Hello Willie! It's been too long since we've heard from you Buddy...I'm glad you checked in - although for a sad reason. Sorry to hear you've had health problems too...please take care and check in occasionally when you're able.

Red
Thanks Red, for remembering. It has been a while. Been a helluva fight for three+ years but they say I'm in remission and I wake up every day. So there's that. Take care & thanks for all the advice on pellet pushers years ago. C-ya around at times....Willie

Reactions: seenred
Last Round-up

OK Guys, I don't know how much I got left in me, I'm on Hospice now.
Going downhill, but I don't want to explain it now.

However I have a couple of last items to show off:
The first one is the Coffee Table Bear Jr made in his shop, and sold last week.
The buyer sent him the items that he wanted put inside with the epoxy.
They are shells the buyers collected, some coins & some paper Caribbean Money.
The wood is "Natural Cherry".

The other items are Bethany's Eye-balls.
She went from making & decorating cakes, to Oil Painting Scenery, to Painting Kids & Pets.
They were all fantastic.
However now she is working on eyeballs.
Below are a couple Eye-balls she did with colored pencils.
I find it hard to believe they could look so real.
Maybe I should have gotten her to paint the eyes that were in my Bears?!?!

You guys all take care now.
See you all on the other side.

Bear

Coffee Table sitting on the CNC Router:
View attachment 654363

Live-edge Cherry with epoxy center:
View attachment 654364

Another View:
View attachment 654365

Here you can see the stuff inside:
View attachment 654366

Closer Look:
View attachment 654367

A Pony's Eye: (Note small Mountain Range inside Eye reflection): Amazing!!
View attachment 654368

A Rabbit's Eye: (Another mountain range in refection): Also Amazing!
View attachment 654369
Thanks for sharing this with us Bear!

I'm wishing your a painless journey to the other side. Freedom is coming my friend :)

Last Round-up

OK Guys, I don't know how much I got left in me, I'm on Hospice now.
Going downhill, but I don't want to explain it now.

However I have a couple of last items to show off:
The first one is the Coffee Table Bear Jr made in his shop, and sold last week.
The buyer sent him the items that he wanted put inside with the epoxy.
They are shells the buyers collected, some coins & some paper Caribbean Money.
The wood is "Natural Cherry".

The other items are Bethany's Eye-balls.
She went from making & decorating cakes, to Oil Painting Scenery, to Painting Kids & Pets.
They were all fantastic.
However now she is working on eyeballs.
Below are a couple Eye-balls she did with colored pencils.
I find it hard to believe they could look so real.
Maybe I should have gotten her to paint the eyes that were in my Bears?!?!

You guys all take care now.
See you all on the other side.

Bear

Coffee Table sitting on the CNC Router:
View attachment 654363

Live-edge Cherry with epoxy center:
View attachment 654364

Another View:
View attachment 654365

Here you can see the stuff inside:
View attachment 654366

Closer Look:
View attachment 654367

A Pony's Eye: (Note small Mountain Range inside Eye reflection): Amazing!!
View attachment 654368

A Rabbit's Eye: (Another mountain range in refection): Also Amazing!
View attachment 654369
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. The table is a work of art bear, it's a beauty. I thing we all are praying for you.

John, You have been an inspiration to me and to everyone here at SMF and your legacy will continue through your threads. May god bless you and your family and I thank you for your service. God speed till we meet on the other side brother.

Joe

John, I am so sorry to here this. I thank you for all of the help that you have given me since I joined this site, all of the knowledge that you have shared, and for your dedication to to this site. Thank you for your service. Prayers to you and your family.
Godspeed Bear

Reactions: HalfSmoked
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky