Labor Day Weekend Bacon Cheeseburger Deluxe

Discussion in 'Beef' started by ejbreeze, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Getting into the tradition of Labor Day cookout I prepped the burgers for later on to be put on the Weber.

Took about 7 lbs of ground chuck 80-20 and mixed in some spices.

[​IMG]

Squared up my corners leaving enough room for the fat to drain off later.

[​IMG]

Added a little sharp cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce.

[​IMG]

Red bells and red onions.

[​IMG]

Added some pickled jalapenos, green olives, italian sausage chunks, pepperoni slices, mushrooms and bacon.

[​IMG]

In the fridge until later this afternoon.  Once done it will be cut into squares and placed on burger buns with more toppings and condiments.  Maybe I'll add some more cheese later too :)  Happy Labor Day!

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Now that's a freakin' cheeseburger!

[​IMG]

3. nhbuck

nhbuck Fire Starter

That looks awesome. Done something similar for a 4th party years ago but added some fried shrimp on top just before serving. Sounds different but the crunch of the shrimp complimented the burger well.

4. Thanks.  We are going to fry up some onion rings and top them with that.  Shrimp would be good to.

5. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

how the heck do you cook it?  just put the tray on the grill,    looks like a man vs food show to me! 

6. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Now there's a man who knows how to make an old Bear Drool !!!!

I hope we get to see a pic or 2 when it's all browned & bubbly!!!!

Thanks,

Bear

7. terry colwell

terry colwell Smoking Fanatic

[email protected] man vs food comment.... It is a heck of a tray of meat tho

8. Bear sure thing.  Miamirick it will go on the Weber with the sheet pan indirectly over the heat.  I'll rotate the pan about 45 minutes into it.  Also I'll need to remove the excess fat from the pan.

9. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

very interesting concept to do one giant burger for a crowd...looks very tasty indeed....

10. scooper

scooper Smoking Fanatic

My first thought is to place it on a double thick piece of heavy duty foil and poke holes in the foil.  With 80/20 plus bacon, it's going to be swimming in fat.  I would want it to drain out, but that's just my preference.

It looks awesome!  New thing for me to do when the grand kids come.  (minus the jalapenos)

11. Scooper a turkey baster makes quick work of the fat.  Life is good.   I made some beer a month ago and had our first bottle with the burger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Now THAT is a burger!

[​IMG]

13. porked

porked Smoking Fanatic

Love it!

14. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That's a burger and a half for sure.

15. scooper

scooper Smoking Fanatic

Those are insane!  Love it!

[​IMG]

16. Nice concept and great execution.  The Burgers look great.  For the fat, you could try getting a colling rack or backing rack that fits in the pan.  Like the one below.  Then put your meat monster on that and the fat should drain off.

[​IMG]

17. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

That is a burger and a really nice looking one at that ...Man wish I had a bite of that....[​IMG]

18. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

holy crap that is good looking    please refer to my previous comment and send a shot to adam

19. Thanks everyone for your comments.  These were just plain fun to make and even more fun to watch everyone eat.  This is what smoking and grilling is all about for me.   Whtplainsmoker that is a good idea.  I did fill up two large coffee cups with fat.

20. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I must of missed my plate [​IMG]