Kidney Surgery

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Prayers for a speedy recovery Jerry !
I've passed a few small stones but my daughter had some crushed at the age of 14😵‍💫. Easy process for her at that age and swore off of sweet Tea and soda for yrs. But thankfully she fell off the wagon and enjoys her tea again 🤣.

Keith

Got my fingers crossed for ya Jerry! Has the doc said anything about possible changes that can help to eliminate the propensity for making stones?

Thanks for the thoughts it will be happening in the morning. They are going to insert a tube about an inch in diameter into my kidney then break the stones and pull them out, not sure exactly how it's going to work. They said 3-4 hours in surgery then a day or two in the hospital.
The stones were found in late October and surgery was scheduled for January but then had to be canceled so here we are and as said it has to be done or it may very well cause other problems.

Reactions: JLeonard
Has anyone had to have kidney stones surgically removed? I've got to have it done and am not looking forward to it. I've had to have quite a few surgeries over the last few years but they have been emergency surgeries so no time to really think about it. This time I've had months to dwell on it and I don't think that's a good thing.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you Jerry! You've certainly had your share of surgeries! At least you know they've got this kind down to
a science. Plus you have a true "Home Health Nurse" to look after you. Best of luck sir!

Don

Jerry, like all others, wishing you the best and know it will go well. In 2000 I had some and was in extreme pain. Went to Hospital and found out at the age of 39 I only had 1 Kidney, that's why so much pain. Luckily they were able to vibrate them after I was in the hospital a few days, felt better immediately. Our prayers are with you.

Has anyone had to have kidney stones surgically removed? I've got to have it done and am not looking forward to it. I've had to have quite a few surgeries over the last few years but they have been emergency surgeries so no time to really think about it. This time I've had months to dwell on it and I don't think that's a good thing.

Laser lithotripsy?
I used to assist urologists in surgery, from kidney removal to TURPs. Laser litho is pretty straightforward. They put you to sleep then gently place a small camera through your wee wee up into your bladder.
Then they insert a tiny laser wire & blast the stones into little bits. Then they use water system to force water into your bladder then flush it out. The solution comes out into a screen so that they can collect the stones. It takes anywhere from 30-90 minutes.

Thanks for the thoughts it will be happening in the morning. They are going to insert a tube about an inch in diameter into my kidney then break the stones and pull them out, not sure exactly how it's going to work. They said 3-4 hours in surgery then a day or two in the hospital.
The stones were found in late October and surgery was scheduled for January but then had to be canceled so here we are and as said it has to be done or it may very well cause other problems.
I just read this.
It’s like I described above but instead of going through your penis they poke a hole in your side. Then they laser blast & flush the stones out.

Reactions: JLeonard
To a speedy recovery. Sometimes the worst part of anything we do is the thought of it. Full of unknowns and what ifs. Way more positive in this surgery than negative.

Gerald, morning.... You are already in the hospital from what I can figure... Enjoy the sedatives... When I broke my wrist, nerve blocks and generals were awesome... Didn't feel ANYTHING for 2 or 3 days... They did a good job... I truly hope they do a good job on you...
Take the opiods... We are too old to get addicted to that stuff... I didn't realize how good they were until I ran out... ALL my pains were gone... Torn knee ligaments didn't hurt... Nothing hurt... Back felt great... When I ran out of pills, I told the doc how much good they did and I thought he should give me a refill... Holey ke-rap, he almost screamed at me NO !!!
Well, I'm about to make a daveomak ham from a boneless butt...
Hope your pain is gone and you can attack your garden...
Dave

Reactions: sawhorseray
Good luck Jerry. Hope you have a speedy recovery. You'll have the best nurse in the world at your side.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky