Kidney Surgery

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
Has anyone had to have kidney stones surgically removed? I've got to have it done and am not looking forward to it. I've had to have quite a few surgeries over the last few years but they have been emergency surgeries so no time to really think about it. This time I've had months to dwell on it and I don't think that's a good thing.

I have not Jerry but did have my gall bladder removed due to stones. I assume they tried to break your stones up with sound waves? Maybe too many or too big?

Reactions: JLeonard
Jeff they did not try to break them up they said they were to big to try that they wouldn't get them all broken down enough and would end up in surgery anyhow. I have two each over half dollar size. Just got the call to be at the hospital at 5 am tomorrow morning.

Haven't had that done..But it doesn't sound fun..Wishing you a speedy recovery when you do get it done. 👍

Knock 'em dead Jerry, good vibes sent your way! If there a choice bewteen which will hurt less, pushing a golf ball thru a garden hose, or just throwing the ball away, well duh! Pack your bag, you'll be back in the saddle in no time. RAY

As with everybody else, I'm wishing you all the best Jerry. I've never even heard of the procedure but as advanced as medical techniques have come, I can only guess it's probably a pretty simple procedure...but I could be wrong. Hope not though.

Robert

You can do it Jerry
Prayers for a speedy recovery.

When I had the tumer removed last year from my kidney the surgeon doc she told me that you have 2 kidneys.

Like everybody else, I wish you the best. Please have a speedy recovery so you can get back to grilling some food. Prayers Jerry!

I've been through a lot surgically. The only advice I can give you is don't think about it and just do it and deal with the aftermath and move forward from there.

Best of luck and good healing.

Reactions: halleoneagain
Good luck with surgery tomorrow. I have had family that have had kidney stones removed via surgery, and others that had the ultrasonic treatment done. It all worked out and they healed up.

Positive thoughts . You'll be back home before you know it . I get it though , I'm the same way .

Here's to hoping you have a cute nurse! Just kidding Jerry... wish you the best and a speedy recovery!

Ryan

I've been through a lot surgically. The only advice I can give you is don't think about it and just do it and deal with the aftermath and move forward from there.

Best of luck and good healing.

This is my theory/thinking as well... It's no big deal... get it done ang go...

Good luck brother and we'll see ya (up and about) in about a month and a half...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky