Kidney Surgery

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jeff they did not try to break them up they said they were to big to try that they wouldn't get them all broken down enough and would end up in surgery anyhow. I have two each over half dollar size. Just got the call to be at the hospital at 5 am tomorrow morning.

I wish you a successful surgery and speedy and incident free recovery. Kidney stones are no fun at all.

JC :emoji_cat:

Stone forming is simple inorganic chemistry. Certain foods will need to be on your forbidden list going forward and MD's are slow to follow-up with this critical info. (Or at least they were when I had small ones I passed the old-fashioned way.)

Make sure they get analyzed. That way you'll know if you need to eliminate dairy (calcium), brown sodas (phosphates), red fruits (oxalates), etc. And dilution is the solution....drink lots more water and never let your urine get very yellow.

I don't have a problem any more, largely because I'm taking a blood pressure med (lisinopril) that also discourages stone formation. They hate to give drugs just to prevent stone formation, but in your case it should definitely be considered.

Hope you're on the mend.

Reactions: JLeonard
Thanks everyone I survived the surgery. I haven't talked to the doctor yet but the wife did and he told her everything went well. Getting my meds since surgery is proving to be very difficult but hopefully will get better soon. Guess the Doctor will be in later to talk to me and then we'll see when he let's me outta here or at least his best guess I do still have the tube in my back, and the IV, oxygen, cath, etc. Three sticks to get the IV almost told her here let me do that for you lol

Great to hear Jerry! Hope recovery goes well... surgery is never fun.

Ryan

Sorry Jerry, missed this earlier! So glad to hear all went well! Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery my friend!

Glad to hear it was a success Gerry. You should ask the nurse if you can have the stones so you can use your #1 wood and drive those babies into the ocean.

Chris

Great news Jerry! You got through it perfectly. Thanks for letting us know and get some rest.

Glad it all worked out Jerry. Don't try to be macho and do too much too soon. Rest, fluids and slow careful movements are your main focus for a while. Probably feel OK now....but once the anesthesia and pain meds wear off you MIGHT get a little "pissy" (pun intended). Hope the recovery is fast and uncomplicated.

Don

Thanks again got the thoughts and prayers the surgeon said things went "very well" and he is "fairly certain" he got them all. I'm in a room and settled in for the night they say the pain will come when the sedation completely wears off. we'll see

So sorry seeing this so late! Glad it went well for you and hoping your recovery goes smoothly and quickly for you!

they say the pain will come when the sedation completely wears off. we'll see

This is so true... When I came out from a foot surgery (crushed all 5 toes)... They had me on a morphine drip (with a button to push when relief was needed) ... Once the initial meds wore off my thumb got so sore from pushing that damn button and not getting any ''Drugs'' ... Yelled for the nurse and she came running... Asked her if she had any tape so I could just tape the button down... She said it wouldn't matter as there is a set time limit before you could get your next ''fix'' ...

Hang in there Jerry.. This is for the better... trust me ...

Reactions: JLeonard
Sounds good so far. Wishing you the best recovery.

No personal experience with kidney stones but know several people that have had them.

Years ago a friend had a bought with them while we were in the Cayman Islands.
No joke! His provider was Dr. Peter Payne.

Glad it went well. Hopefully a speedy recovery too.

glad to hear the good news. Was a little tied up yesterday with a surgery for the wife. So didn't get to check in. Hopefully all is well.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky