Kalua

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
Was running low on kalua so time to mix up some more. The ingredients...

8 cups of hazelnut coffee
3 cups sugar
1/3 cup instant coffee
3 Tbsp instant vanilla
1.75 L brandy

20200517_152427.jpg

Put sugar and instant coffee into bowl, when coffee is brewed pour that into bowl and stir until sugar and instant coffee are dissolved. Then add vanilla. Allow to cool before adding brandy. We use E & J, just because that's what is easily available for us. Once brandy is added mix it up and bottle it. We use gallon glass jars but anything will work. The best part...consumption

20200517_155702.jpg

Sometimes we add a splash of milk

20200517_155748.jpg

My wife liked it better before I started drinking it...it lasted longer!
Thanks for looking

Ryan

That sounds easy and tasty. Years ago, I would sip a Toasted Almond as a dessert. The Amaretto and Kalua compliment each other so well...JJ

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Hmmm our kaluha bottle is running low, may have to try making some. I had some K and cream whilr making dinner with an added splash of frangelica for a hint of hazelnut

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
That sounds easy and tasty. Years ago, I would sip a Toasted Almond as a dessert. The Amaretto and Kalua compliment each other so well...JJ
Thanks JJ, it's almost too tasty!

Ryan

That looks really good. I would suggest the book Cordials From Your Kitchen. Lots of good recipes in it. My wife and I make something about every other week.

That looks really good. I would suggest the book Cordials From Your Kitchen. Lots of good recipes in it. My wife and I make something about every other week.
Thank you! Will have to look into that.

Ryan

Thanks for the Link Ryan, what is the shelf life of this?

jcam222 jcam222 what would you do to sub out the sugar?
Well, we used to try to keep a gallon or two on hand... that used to work better before I really started to like it! A gallon doesn't last two weeks here now. But we never refrigerate and at times goes to rendezvous with us in the heat... has never gone bad. I do prefer adding a touch of milk with it though... as I mix one to drink, not with the gallon batch

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky