KAHLUA KLONDIKE ICE CREAM CAKE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
This recipe is so easy to make & everybody loves it.

Instead of Kahlua, I just used a cheaper coffee liqueur.

For this recipe it actually tastes better than the real thing.

Here's what we started with.

First you pour a cup or so of the coffee liqueur in the bottom of the pan.

Next you put the ice cream sandwiches in.

This pan is the perfect size for 6 sandwiches, but if yours is a different size, just trim the Klondikes to fit. 

Next you pour on more liqueur.

Then into the freezer for an hour or so.

The ice cream sandwiches will absorb a lot of the liqueur.

Then out of the freezer & a big helping of cool whip.

I make it about 3/4 to 1" thick when it's spread out.

Then it gets topped with mini chocolate chips.

And back in the freezer for a couple of hours.

When you serve it, just take a spoonful or two of the extra liqueur in the bottom of the pan and drizzle it on top.

We have been making this for 15 years & I have never had one person that just didn't love it.

This is a great dessert for the holidays!

Hope you enjoyed the show!

Thanks for looking!

Al

Al I may try this,  I just had one of them.It was the first in many years.points for a good idea

Richie

Looks good. Didn't know Klondike made sandwiches...JJ

Looks Great, Al !!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

I doubt if I'd like it though:

After my Open-Heart fiasco, you may remember my Tasting ability was messed up. Everything tasted terrible. Even Prime Rib & Bacon tasted bad.

Then after about 7 months, everything came back to just about normal, except Coffee. And I drank Black Coffee every day for nearly 50 years. Coffee still tastes bad to me. Tried it 3 times in 4 years.

No big deal---As long as Prime Rib still tastes awesome!!!

Bear

Al I may try this,  I just had one of them.It was the first in many years.points for a good idea

Richie
Thanks Richie!

I hope you give it a try!

Al

Looks good. Didn't know Klondike made sandwiches...JJ
Thanks JJ!

I didn't know they made them either. We used to use another brand, then 1 day I saw these in the store & bought a box.

Wouldn't you know they fit perfectly in the pan we had!

Go figure!

Al

Looks Great, Al !!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

I doubt if I'd like it though:

After my Open-Heart fiasco, you may remember my Tasting ability was messed up. Everything tasted terrible. Even Prime Rib & Bacon tasted bad.

Then after about 7 months, everything came back to just about normal, except Coffee. And I drank Black Coffee every day for nearly 50 years. Coffee still tastes bad to me. Tried it 3 times in 4 years.

No big deal---As long as Prime Rib still tastes awesome!!!

Bear
Thanks Bear!

Well if coffee is the only thing that still tastes bad, then your lucky.

I bet you could substitute creame de mint ( spelling ), or peppermint schnopp's ( spelling again ).

Al

Holy moley

You can bet this will be made soon.

Thanks Al
Thanks Rick!

I know you will like it.

Al

Thanks Bear!

Well if coffee is the only thing that still tastes bad, then your lucky.

I bet you could substitute creame de mint ( spelling ), or peppermint schnopp's ( spelling again ).

Al
Hmm Maybe---But I'd have to get it from my Son.

I don't stock any booze except Beer at the Den.

The last hard stuff I had was 22 years old, and I dumped it all in a bucket & poured it in a crack in the Driveway to kill the weeds. (Jim Beam & Crown Royal)

I'll give him the recipe though---Bear Jr & his wife will like it for one of their Parties.

Bear

Hmm Maybe---But I'd have to get it from my Son.

I don't stock any booze except Beer at the Den.

The last hard stuff I had was 22 years old, and I dumped it all in a bucket & poured it in a crack in the Driveway to kill the weeds. (Jim Beam & Crown Royal)

I'll give him the recipe though---Bear Jr & his wife will like it for one of their Parties.

Bear
That's cool Bear!

If he makes it let me know he likes it.

Al

This looks VERY good, Al.  And so simple it's almost scary. 

You mentioned to John that he could probably use Crème de Menthe.  I poured some over some ice cream decades ago, and as usual I figured more is better.  Wrong!!!!  It was terrible.  Just a drizzle is all you need--then it's downright delicious.

points.gif
for a great and simple idea.

Gary

This looks VERY good, Al.  And so simple it's almost scary. 

You mentioned to John that he could probably use Crème de Menthe.  I poured some over some ice cream decades ago, and as usual I figured more is better.  Wrong!!!!  It was terrible.  Just a drizzle is all you need--then it's downright delicious.

points.gif
for a great and simple idea.

Gary
Thanks Gary, I've never used anything but coffee liqueur, but I may try some other things in the future.

It's just so good the way it is, I'm hesitant to change it.

Al

Ice cream and liquor!!!!!  Yes sir, this is going into my recipe box for sure....

Thanks for sharing
You must try this buddy!

It's friggin' awesome!!!

Al

I've got Kahlua, but I've also got some of this wonderful stuff in the cabinet. Patron silver, coffee and dark cacao. Or would it be too much "kick"?  It's 60 proof and Kahlua is 40 proof so the Patron silver will have a little more 'umph' to it.  (Patron silver without any other flavors is 80 proof)

Last edited:
I've got Kahlua, but I've also got some of this wonderful stuff in the cabinet. Patron silver, coffee and dark cacao. Or would it be too much "kick"?  It's 60 proof and Kahlua is 40 proof so the Patron silver will have a little more 'umph' to it.  (Patron silver without any other flavors is 80 proof)

Only one way to find out ... :biggrin:

I think I would give it a try!

Worst case scenario is you get a buzz off dessert!

We have been making this for years & always used cheap coffee liqueur.

I use it because it has more coffee flavor than Kahlua.

Al
Only one way to find out ...
biggrin.gif
I suppose you could try it with Jack too!

Al
I bet this would be good with baileys too.
I agree, I think you are right!

Al

Oh, that looks sinful! Points for the idea!

Disco
Thanks Disco!

It is sinfully good!

Al

This was great Al! I made single serve portions in mini loaf pans because it's just me for the week.

I think I was a little heavy-handed on the booze because it had quite a kick, unless I can't hold my own anymore.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky