KAHLUA KLONDIKE ICE CREAM CAKE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This was great Al! I made single serve portions in mini loaf pans because it's just me for the week.

I think I was a little heavy-handed on the booze because it had quite a kick, unless I can't hold my own anymore.
I'm glad you enjoyed them!

I like the single serving idea, maybe I could vac pack them & pull one out every once in a while!

Nothing like getting a buzz from your dessert!

Al

drool.gif
Wow! How did I miss this! Thanks for the post Al! I love simple deserts like this. I can see using all kinds of different flavored liquors and different flavored chips as well!

Klondike is my favorite ice cream treat besides! I have my own desert concotion that I named Afghan Monkey Poop
biggrin.gif
but it requires deep frying bananas and a good deal of other ingredients so it's a bit labor intensive so I usually only make it once a year by request.

This will definetly be on my short list of things to make! Points to you sir!

drool.gif
Wow! How did I miss this! Thanks for the post Al! I love simple deserts like this. I can see using all kinds of different flavored liquors and different flavored chips as well!

Klondike is my favorite ice cream treat besides! I have my own desert concotion that I named Afghan Monkey Poop
biggrin.gif
but it requires deep frying bananas and a good deal of other ingredients so it's a bit labor intensive so I usually only make it once a year by request.

This will definetly be on my short list of things to make! Points to you sir!
Thank you so much!

It's the perfect dessert for when everybody is stuffed.

I always ask "Does anybody want dessert" & they all say no.

So I make up 1 or 2 bite sized portions for everyone, and pass them around anyway.

They always eat them & most of the time want another serving.

Even had one guy licking his plate (which I always do, but not when we have guests).

Al

Home run Al, I smoked all kind of goodies but this Klondike desert was the hit of the day, we had a 94 year old guest who asked to lick the pan!!! 

So here is how I work this kind of thing. You get credit the next three times I make it 
first.gif

after that... well lets just call it a lie of omittance.
sausage.gif

Those look very interesting. Is the liquor flavor intense?
No it's not intense.

The ice cream & whip cream tame it down quite a bit.

Al

Home run Al, I smoked all kind of goodies but this Klondike desert was the hit of the day, we had a 94 year old guest who asked to lick the pan!!! 

So here is how I work this kind of thing. You get credit the next three times I make it 
first.gif

after that... well lets just call it a lie of omittance.
sausage.gif
Ha Ha!

That's awesome, but I knew it would be a hit.

Like I said above we have been making this for many years & I have yet to find someone who didn't just love it!

We've had some pan lickers around here too, including me!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky