Just Another Ribeye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Fished a ribeye out of the freezer, first one from the two whole roasts from Xmas, cut the steaks 1&1/2" thick. Right from the freezer to the 127º pot for 4 fours, blow torch sear as usual. Been getting bags of frozen spinach from Walmart that go straight from the freezer into the microwave for five minutes, little garlic butter, easy peasy every time. I might have a hunk of meat leftover for a steak and eggs brekky after I get up, going back to bed now, it's Sunday. RAY
DSCN1548.JPG

Ray what time is breakfast
Looks great I would be happy camper at that table. LIKES

Yep...sounds like you better set a couple of extra places this morning Ray. Richie and I are headed your way. Actually I think I have some steak left over from last night also that I was planning to do the same thing with. I LIKE that idea!!

Steak and eggs from coast to coast,
Robert

Ray what time is breakfast Looks great I would be happy camper at that table. LIKES Richie

I went back to bed and acually got three hours of great sleep, must be getting over nicotene, I know I haven't been thinking about ciggys as much. Heck Rickie, it's probably closer to lunch time for you. Thanks for the like, I appreciate it. RAY

Yep...sounds like you better set a couple of extra places this morning Ray. Richie and I are headed your way. Actually I think I have some steak left over from last night also that I was planning to do the same thing with. I LIKE that idea!! Steak and eggs from coast to coast, Robert

Should be ready in about a half hour Robert, I could have a place set for the two of you. Thanks for the like, much appreciated. RAY

Been thinking of getting a rib eye bone in roast...

Only way to go, you get to cut your own boneless ribeyes as thick as you like, a inch and a half works for me. Thanks for the like, I appreciate it. RAY

Reactions: negolien
Looks delcious Ray!! Did I miss steak and eggs or is there still time to make it? :)

There's still time, as they say on the Price is Right, "come on down"! Thanks for the like, much appreciated. RAY

Looks Great, Ray!!!
Nice Job!
Like.
I never SV meat below 130° for safety reasons.
Actually I use 131° and you could never tell the Difference.

Bear

Reactions: sawhorseray
Another fine example of a fine piece of meat put to good use.
Looks Super !!

Gary

Looks Great, Ray!!!
Nice Job!
Like.
I never SV meat below 130° for safety reasons.
Actually I use 131° and you could never tell the Difference. Bear

I've cooked a ton of steaks sous vide Bear, not one over 129º, never a problem. Thank you for the like, much appreciated. RAY

must be getting over nicotene, I know I haven't been thinking about ciggys as much
Ray as it has been sung
I think ya going to be alright Yes the worst over now,the morning sun is shinning You know the rest congrats hang in there
Richie

Looks great I'm still not in the SV mode.
Warren

Yeah, I know how that goes Warren, I'm still not on the air fryer wagon. Heck, there's only room in the kitchen for so much stuff, as it is these days I have to carry my meat grinding and sausage making gear in from the garage. The sous vide is small tho, and the only way I've cooked a steak for a couple of years now, just perfect every time. RAY

It's a good thing no one showed up for breakfast, the leftover steak had to be supplemented with a little Canadian bacon. Soon it'll be time to smoke up another load of CB, running low. RAY
DSCN1550.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky