Another Prime Ribeye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Another Prime Ribeye

I got one of these Prime Ribeyes back in December, for our 53rd Anniversary, and it was so good, I had to get another one. And since their “Choice” was $14.99, why not spend $20.99 for the Best Steak I ever had in my 73 years of life!!
So this time I’m going to use the “Smart Probe”, and let the Ninja do the thinking for me.
The first thing I did was Marinate the Steak in some Teriyaki Sauce for about 4 hours in the Fridge.
Then I turned on the Ninja, and selected “Grill”, which will default the ninja temp to “HI” 500°.
Then I selected “Preset” which will cause the Unit to Default to “Beef”.
Then I chose “5” for the amount of Doneness I want, from the list of 1 to 9 settings.
Choosing “5” caused the “Target Temp” of 121° to go up on the left, on the screen.
That’s it—The Settings are complete.

The first thing that happens is the Pre-heat, which takes about 5 to 8 minutes.
Then the Ninja reads “ADD FOOD” on the screen, so I did that.
Now the Count-down begins—Mine started at 45° from that point, and kept going Slowly for awhile.
Then it went faster & faster, once the Cold center started warming up.
Then when the Internal Temp hit about 81°, the screen read “FLIP FOOD”, so I did that.
Then when the target Temp of 121° was reached by the Internal Temp, the Unit Beeped to let me know it’s time to “Rest” the Meat.
So I moved the steak, with probe still in it, to a plate for the next 5 minutes, while the Ninja did the counting.
That was it—I took some Pics & cut our portions out of that one steak.
On the side was a nice Twice Baked Stuffed Tater & a bunch of Mushrooms.

The next morning I managed a 3 Egg Omelet with Provolone & American Cheese, and some leftover Shrooms & Bacon pieces. Also some leftover Stuffed Tater. MMMmmmm…….

That’s about it, and it was All Great !!!

Thanks for stopping in,

Bear

One Prime Ribeye Steak:
IMG_8171.JPG

Marinating in Teriyaki for 4 hours:
IMG_8172.JPG

Twice Baked Stuffed Taters:
IMG_8174.JPG

Smart Probe inserted & ready to go in Ninja:
IMG_8175.JPG

Ready to start:
IMG_8176.JPG

After first Flip:
IMG_8177.JPG

Plated @ 121° to rest 5 minutes:
IMG_8179.JPG

A peek inside for You All :
IMG_8180.JPG

Plating the Bear's Portion:
IMG_8183.JPG

Bear's Supper:
IMG_8184.JPG

Next Morning Omelet started:
IMG_8185.JPG

Adding Provolone & American Cheese, leftover Bacon & Leftover Mushrooms:
IMG_8187.JPG

Bear's Omelet with leftover Stuffed Tater:
IMG_8189.JPG

Man I dont know which I'd take first....The steak or the omlet! Shoot who am I kidding....? I'd take both like a man a starving.

Jim

Wow! Points for sure! That’s a perfect steak and I don’t know if you can get any better omelet in Vegas!

Man I dont know which I'd take first....The steak or the omlet! Shoot who am I kidding....? I'd take both like a man a starving.

Jim
Thank You Jim!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

John,
That Ninja sure puts a mean sear on that ribeye.
Nice work.

Stu
Thank You Stu!!
Yup---It makes pretty grill marks!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: JLeonard
John, that looks excellent and perfectly cooked. I cannot choose one of those fine meals over the other, they're both great. That Ninja is cruising along perfectly. I've learned that Prime is much better than any other cut. Great job.

Looks excellent John!
I bet it tasted awesome too!
Al

Thank You Al !!
Yup, This and the other Prime Ribeye I made in this thing were the Best Steaks We ever had!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Those ribeye meals look fantastic John. Even this druggy heavy metal music lover would be proud to chow down on a plate. :emoji_wink:

Point for sure
Chris

Dang Bear sign me up for that breakfast! Thanks a real deal!
Thank You Civil!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great food
I agree, when you go steak, prime is the only cut.
Thank You Fueling!!
Yup, this was only my second "Prime", and I hope it won't be my last.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky