Just a thought for OTBS members

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

triplebq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Tx
I know you guys belong to the OTBS have a lot of experience in qing and was wondering if you could get up a TIP OF THE WEEK post for rookies and old timers at qing alike . You could decide btw the lot of you who would be 1st . But you all have so much to offer and I see it each time someone posts a question . Maybe trhis had been done , maybe it would not work but then again maybe it would . One could offer tips on pulled pork or whatever . It would be open to discussion by all where the OTBS memebrs could sound off on the uses of teh tip and we ( general BBQers ) could type in kudos and ask any questions this might pose . Just an outward thought for us back yard guys compared to some of you hard core ( comp cookers ) and BBQ joint owners . It would not have to your private secret . It could be bi weekly or even monthly . It could be for ECB , MES or whatever . If this is being done I will find it and if you think this is stupid just disregard it .

Thanks for reading

I think it's a good idea, but we already get a "Tip of the month" news letter from Jeff. I also think most offer up the info they believe to be helpful. There is enuff knowledge running around here,OTBS and NOT YET OTBSmembers here to help with every question, be it their own practice or research. And relize, we can't be here all the time, but someone/everyone is willing to help out every way possible.

Now one thing to remember, I have learned ALOT from so called rookies,newbe's and not yet OTBS members.

TripleBQ I'm not trying to change the subject or derail this thread but you have my all time favorite place to eat in this world as your avatar.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I signed up but have not gotten a tip of the month newsletter. I did the 5 Day eCourse but have gotten no news letter . Thanks for an honest opinion and answer . Me , I have learned alot from each post I read and add what little I can . So much info in here amazes me at the different methods and types of smokers . This is done out of respect for you guys that have been here for a long time . Again Thanks

That is my favorite place of all time as well . Been there many times and have never been hungry nor dissappointed when I left . Those tamales and the story behind them is amazing . They let me go down and see the pit and even added some wood .
points.gif

Hmm-it's a thought-consider it "taken under advisement" for now.

If you are not getting the newsletter then it is most likely getting caught in a spam filter.. who is your email provider?

I also did the 5 day eCourse. I found that by the 2nd day I had pretty much gotten all the advise from days 2-5 by reading the forum and general googleing. Its great info, but if you are thirsty for knowledge you are going to find it without waiting for your inbox. Especially with the wealth of knowledge here in the forums.

AOL ..I will look in my spam file .. maybe I need to add your mail to my accepted list ?

It is a very good idea to add Smoking-Meat.com domain to your accepted list/white list especially if you use aol, hotmail, comcast, yahoo, etc. as your email server.

These email systems have very tight spam filters and almost anyone even mentioning selling something or asking you to click a link will get thrown into the spam filter.

This is unfortunate but perhaps necessary these days.

One of the problems with a tip of the week is the wide variety of methods and equipment used and while everyone has their methods not everyone is likely to agree on what is best. Still we could do basic tips and meat safety tips etc. A lot of the best info is posted in stickies on various forum topics.
We could possibly have a "Tip o' the week" sticky, pick a topic, and have peeps post their tip on that topic.

It has been added . I think it will work now . I got the 5 Day eCourse just fine but nothing after that . Thanks Jeff .

It wouldn't have to be sticky and it could be about growing corn not just cooking Q . There is a wealth of untapped experience in here and I was just thinking out loud a way to tap some of it .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky