July 4th menus?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Inscrutable

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 4, 2019
NC
Jeff has the deep end covered in his post about tomorrow, so I‘m going to the shallow end :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So besides the weather - and hopefully nothing resulting from fireworks - what will be smoking at your house tomorrow?

I have a rack of St Louies out, butts on sale for 0.99 so may get one of those, (the other) Jeff’s cute spiral dogs for the grandkids, baked beans ... all of which may change if everyone just wants to go play on the boat and watch the fireworks on the river. The best laid plans ...

How about you?

I doing some smoked chicken quarters. Go my extra special peach cobbler going now.

Last edited:
I do a breaded grilled pork steak . Kids wanted those for the 4th . Also be grilling some homemade kielbasa . Need to figure out some sides .

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Will be fishing in the morning so with any luck, maybe walleye in the evening. :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Does anyone have a " killer" potato salad recipe they would care to share. We haven't found anything that we are crazy about ? Thanks. . .
Better have a Plan B :emoji_disappointed: :emoji_wink:
Will ask wifey ... I’m not a fan of potato salad and can’t vouch for it, but she’s always asked to make it.

Reactions: Winterrider
Stuffed Pork loins. 1 Cuban style stuffing (my first attempt) 1 with Balsamic mushroom and onion stuffing. Plus some Jalapeno boats and some sort of cold salad.

Happy 4th and Smoke ON!

- Jason

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Sorry Rider ..
my wife just throws stuff together, doesn’t follow a recipe. My mother was the same way. They just KNOW how to do it. Will see if any way to codify it ... but I’m sure others may have one.

Ah, yes. Peach cobbler. Brian, you did it again. It just went on the menu. We're eating onion gravy smothered bone-in pork chops tonight. Probably burgers Saturday and a smoked meatloaf Sunday. Oooh, got some Nathan's Jumbo dogs in the freezer. Might push the burgers.

Last edited:
Will be fishing in the morning so with any luck, maybe walleye in the evening. :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Does anyone have a " killer" potato salad recipe they would care to share. We haven't found anything that we are crazy about ? Thanks. . .
Walleye fishing sounds great. My wife makes a phenomenal potato salad but the recipe I do not know. I know it’s red skinned potatoes, mayo, mustard, scallions, and black olive slices. If you like the sound of that let me know and I will try to get you a recipe. Good luck fishing

Nothing special...just a rack of STLs, beans, cotc, and a salad.
Dear wife has me on a diet, so no dessert. :emoji_disappointed:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky