Burger and dog 4th of July Insanity

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Another 4th of July where I found a contest to enter kind of last minute. I was in the middle of smoking pork butts, beans, burnt ends and making some sides for a small catering job but just had to get an entry out. Contest required best submission of burgers and dogs using the sponsors rub(s). I won a lot of their rubs in a Superbowl contest and have just started using them. I really like them. Without further delay here is a walk through my insanity lol. Private Selection All Beef jumbo dogs. Split lengthwise and rubbed with Dos Pendejos Poco Loco. View attachment 636620Two half pound 80/20 chuck burgers using their Smokin It (mesquite salt based) and a light coat of Poco Loco.View attachment 636622Into the smoker on firebox end , flash forward here are the dogsView attachment 636623Burger before getting Chipotle cheddar View attachment 636624While these were going I made a couple bacon wrapped Vidalia slices as well. Forgot to snap picks. Time to construct @Sowsage style :) Although I’m keto the sandwich starts on brioche. I’ll be handing this off to my neighbor lol. A little leaf lettuce and the dogs start the show.View attachment 636625Next some white queso and in lieu of chili some of my keto cowboy beansView attachment 636626Burger time! Several slices of nice melted chipotle cheddar.View attachment 636627Time to bring it home with the bacon wrapped Vidalia onion and some fried jalapeños dipped in their Mas Sexy sweet citrus salt.View attachment 636628That’s a wrap. I did have some of the extras on keto bread and it was tasty!! Thanks for looking

Dang! that all looks amazing! Great job on a well deserved feature!

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky