Jerky curing question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tanner Blatt

Original poster
Oct 22, 2018
Just put a batch of beef jerky into the dehydrator this morning . I marinated it last night for a total of around 15 hours. I used reduced sodium soy sauce , worcestershire, terryaki with pineapple juice , and 4 small caps worth of Dales. After this I used some mesquite flavoring and added some reaper pepper flakes into the mix . At the end of this I added the curing salt . My amount of meat was roughly 1 pound and called for 1/4 tea spoon of curing salt ... I accidentally used 1/2 a teaspoon and didn’t realize this until after. Just curious if this batch of jerky will be safe to eat or should I throw it out?

Very slightly under one pound , and yes just trying to sample around a few recipes and start making larger batches here pretty soon hopefully

Roughly over or under one pound of meat? In either case you'll be alright.

Is this a sample batch to hone you recipe? 1 pound of wet meat will only net out to a few ounces of jerky.
Very slightly under one pound , and yes just trying to sample around a few recipes and start making larger batches here pretty soon hopefully

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky