Jamaican Me Hungry Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billy brown

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 27, 2015
southwestern ontario
Warmest day of the year so far in our part of Ontario so just had to fire up the old WSM. My local butcher saved me six nice big beef ribs and rationalized that the cost was more than offset by money saved since our local Legion is shut down. I can a couple dozen jars of jerk paste each year made with scotch bonnet peppers that we grow at our place and marinaded them overnight with that.

IMG_0077.JPG
IMG_0079.JPG
IMG_0081.JPG

Onto the smoker about 10:30 with chunks of cherry and kept the temp between 225 and 250 for the next six hours. Started with a full water pan, don't always use one but seems to work well with beef ribs and today was warm enough to keep temp up.

IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0084.JPG

After about four hours the bark seemed set so I began spraying the ribs and the back of the cook's throat with beer at regular intervals. Wrapped in butcher paper after six hours and cooked for another two hours. Served with rice and peas. I expected more heat from the jerk paste but must have mellowed during the cook. Nice and juicy, flavourful and pretty good smoke ring.

IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0087.JPG
IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0090.JPG

Beautiful ribs!! Nice smoke ring on them and the look super tender. How did you like the jerk with beef? I’ve had it often on pork and chicken as well as fish, never beef.

Love jerk beef from roast cuts. Never had it with rib meat.
I wish I could grow Scotchies around here, but season is just too short. I do grow Habanero cousin.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky