Jalapeno Cheese Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy fellas and non fellas and anyone in between. Made up some of my Tennessee cheese steaks tonight on the blackstone. Sons were out so just me, wife and daughters.

Marinated some thin sliced onions with this. It's pretty delicious
IMG_20201108_183739.jpg

After marinated for a couple hours I fired up the blackstone to medium heat. Pics suck. Was dark and used flash. Put down the onions first
IMG_20201108_185147.jpg

Let them get soft and get some color and added in some baby bella shrooms
IMG_20201108_185748.jpg

Cooked together for a few minutes and moved to the side then added a couple pounds of some shaved ribeye I had the butcher take extra thin
IMG_20201108_190208.jpg

Seasoned with this
IMG_20201108_183808.jpg

Cooked until browned and mixed with onions and shrooms
IMG_20201108_190951.jpg

Let it go a few more min then portioned out for sandwiches. Added a nice helping of pickled jalapenos to mine. It's far left. Then 3 slices provolone each. Added rolls to griddle and closed the lid for a minute or two
IMG_20201108_191503.jpg

All tucked into their rolls
IMG_20201108_191800.jpg

Had some fries
IMG_20201108_192419.jpg

And a up close shot. You can see the jalapenos. Best cheese steaks I've had. Loved the addition of the jalapenos
IMG_20201108_193027.jpg

Looks awesome Jake! Love a good cheese steak... I may try adding Jalapenos during cooking .. I usually throw some giardiniera on them when there finished!

Looks awesome Jake! Love a good cheese steak... I may try adding Jalapenos during cooking .. I usually throw some giardiniera on them when there finished!
Thanks bud. Mixing in the jalapenos with the meat adds so much flavor and a little bit of heat. I'm fuller than a tick on a hound dog

Jake those look ridiculously good!! I love cheese steak like that and the add of jalapeños would be good by me.

Jake those look ridiculously good!! I love cheese steak like that and the add of jalapeños would be good by me.
Thanks Jeff. This is one of my favorite meals. The jalapenos take it over the top. Apparently it was blackstone night on the forum lol

That. Looks. Great!! I've seen lots of cheese steaks on the forum, Jake, but as far as I can remember, I've never eaten one. After seeing yours, I figure it's time to rectify that.
That Weber rub looks good. I'll have to look for some and give it a try.
Gary

Looking great Jake. I could eat a couple for sure.

That’s one helluva cheesesteak, looks delicious Jake!

I like using banana peppers when making mine, the extra kick from jalapeño sounds even better.

Holy crap Jake!! Way to turn out some first rate food with that griddle. Those look simply mouth watering!! Guess what you have me thinking about for dinner....

Robert

That. Looks. Great!! I've seen lots of cheese steaks on the forum, Jake, but as far as I can remember, I've never eaten one. After seeing yours, I figure it's time to rectify that.
That Weber rub looks good. I'll have to look for some and give it a try.
Gary
Thanks gary. Boy are you missing out if you've never had a cheese steak lol. I've never used that rub on anything but onions so not sure what else it's good on. Get a cheese steak in your life!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky